FWD Advantage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy_winds_

Well I got a Traction Control system for christmas, I been stressing about it all year and my brother bought me one. I been reading that NHRA banned TCS from some civic that could have gotten into the 7's, so I learned that when FWD has tremendous power it has trouble gripping. I been searching for one all over the net but today I woke up and there was a gift wrapped box, well I opened it and there was a RACE LOGIC TSC with all the options, and looks like an ECU so I've been reading it all day and the book has a website it has some incredible features like having the ability to powershift and not over rev. Well I cant put it on my civic now cause it has a dx motor :p but its gonna help me when I have a GSR
turbo!
Bastard brother found a site and bought and never told me about it.

07a620a0.jpg

This is the best feature here beside's the Traction control : Full Throttle Gearshift

The full throttle gearshift system is activated by a switch fitted to the clutch pedal, either a hydraulic switch or a mechanical switch. Once the clutch is depressed, the system automatically drops the engine revs down by using a momentary rev-limit, allowing the next gear to be selected without lifting off the throttle. Because the throttle is always fully depressed, the engine is instantly back on full power, and on a turbo car the turbo is still producing boost. Tests have shown up to 0.1 seconds can be gained per gearchange.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 07:30 PM
This is the best feature here beside's the Traction control : Full Throttle Gearshift

The full throttle gearshift system is activated by a switch fitted to the clutch pedal, either a hydraulic switch or a mechanical switch. Once the clutch is depressed, the system automatically drops the engine revs down by using a momentary rev-limit, allowing the next gear to be selected without lifting off the throttle. Because the throttle is always fully depressed, the engine is instantly back on full power, and on a turbo car the turbo is still producing boost. Tests have shown up to 0.1 seconds can be gained per gearchange.

if the motor drops the revs, then there is less exaust flowing throught the turbo, therefore the turbo does not CONTINUE to produce boost. however the BOV wont open, so less boost is lost.

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough+Dec 25 2003, 07:35 PM-->
Icy_winds_
@Dec 25 2003, 07:30 PM

if the motor drops the revs, then there is less exaust flowing throught the turbo, therefore the turbo does not CONTINUE to produce boost. however the BOV wont open, so less boost is lost.

How the hell are you gonna say that? RACE LOGIC already made it, meaning they tried it already if the boost doesent drop it dosent drop. The throttle is floored buddy (its momentary meaning if you held the gas down and shifted it would over rev and hit the limiter for that second which can in some situation blow your motor, if it drops it for that quick second you wont over rev and lose boost, its not like hitting an engine rev limiter.)

How the hell are you gonna say that? RACE LOGIC already made it, meaning they tried it already if the boost doesent drop it dosent drop.

yeah, and TORNADO did testing that proves that their propeller-shaped thingie gives you 40hp to the wheels!!!

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 07:30 PM

So in the quarter you gain a whopping .3-.4 seconds? whoopty do. you can do that simply by putting on an LSD and some wider grippier tires....oh and learning how to drive isn't a bad way to drop ET too. :)

Hello it's also a TCS, honda+torque = lots of wheel spin you ppl better not start a fight. And .3 .4 is faster thats critical. LSD gets both your wheels to spin (better grip with two wheels)

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 07:58 PM
Hello it's also a TCS, honda+torque = lots of wheel spin you ppl better not start a fight. And .3 .4 is faster.

A honda with torque? where? <_<

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 25 2003, 05:41 PM-->
Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Dec 25 2003, 07:35 PM
Icy_winds_
@Dec 25 2003, 07:30 PM

How the hell are you gonna say that? RACE LOGIC already made it, meaning they tried it already if the boost doesent drop it dosent drop. The throttle is floored buddy (its momentary meaning if you held the gas down and shifted it would over rev and hit the limiter for that second which can in some situation blow your motor, if it drops it for that quick second you wont over rev and lose boost, its not like hitting an engine rev limiter.)

You are mistaken, what the box does, is cut the gass without your foot doing the work. The engine comes off throttle still, but you don't have to coordinate your foot to the shifting anymore. I think you need to think about how the engine works, because you can't drop rpms without going off throttle, or at least without doing any damage to the car... Yes, you won't loose as much boost, but thats because the BOV isn't opening, so you still get something out of it. Also, it will be easier on your tranny.

Dont come on my thread if you going to insult me, I like driving on racetracks and dragstrips. TCS will keep wheel spin to a minimum to keep you on the track. What skill is there driving in a straight line?

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 07:58 PM
Hello it's also a TCS, honda+torque = lots of wheel spin you ppl better not start a fight. And .3 .4 is faster thats critical. LSD gets both your wheels to spin (better grip with two wheels)

you got it right the second time. better grip with both wheels. put on some drag radials and warm them up and you'll gain more than .3-.4 seconds.

What does electronic throttle control have to to with my knowledge this simply get off the engine without taking your foot off, with you talking to me like I'm stupid, dont reply then. rev8k slicks LSD + TCS is faster than without having the TCS

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 08:02 PM
Dont come on my thread if you going to insult me, I like driving on racetracks and dragstrips. TCS will keep wheel spin to a minimum to keep you on the track. What skill is there driving in a straight line?

Have fun with your TCS. I wouldnt put one on my car, but to each his own. g'luck.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 25 2003, 08:07 PM
if you don't want to be insulted, stop being wrong so much.

You haven't contributed to my post? No one is wrong except for rudeludenotmeanthough saying boost is gonna drop to lose most positive acceleration.

Excuse me civicious whatever your name is I think your an asshole. When I mean torque I meant torque.
PB200001-540x440.jpg

And no this dyno sheet anit mines.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 08:19 PM
Excuse me civicious whatever your name is I think your an asshole. When I mean torque I meant torque.
PB200001-540x440.jpg

And no this dyno sheet anit mines.

So what the fuck does it have to do with this thread then??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back