Fwd Drifting - Anybody Else Done It?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can say that I had full traction with my front tires. I guess it was more of a semi-controlled fish-tail. Oh well. Then I guess they all are. But they are sure as hell fun!

About brake-checking. I have graduated to downshifting and easing out on the clutch. (No brake lights! :D ) Twice if I have to.

Yup. Controlled fish-tails are fun too. :lol:

On brake checking- I prefer not to use the engine as a brake that way... just wire in a brake light defeat and use your brakes as you normally do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

to stop tailgaters-

aim washer squiters up. when driving, pull lever. wind and angle will make it land on their windshiled :)

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 12 2003, 07:44 AM
Yup. Controlled fish-tails are fun too. :lol:

On brake checking- I prefer not to use the engine as a brake that way... just wire in a brake light defeat and use your brakes as you normally do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wiring your reverse lights to a toggle provides more of a mind fuck though :D

Squirters good. :lol:

Taillights on switch safer than taillight kill. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2003, 01:54 AM
to stop tailgaters-

aim washer squiters up. when driving, pull lever. wind and angle will make it land on their windshiled :)

I shot this ricer chick in her Prism or Prizm with alluminum wing and chromie hubcaps with my windshield squirters, it was great.

Kahn, a old member here, had a sweet squirter set up that he could squirt a good 20 feet to the side. He did it once and sprade this drunk lady at a light. the lady got out of her car and threw a beer bottle at his civic and put a nice little ding in it.

Gotta love those controlled fishtails! Do it all the time in my moms Maxima. Its just like a 240 except it has 4 doors and its FF.... :D Nothing better than a controlled fishtail in a medium turn with pedestrians watching! This is the general look I get: :blink: Did it the other night in a empty parking lot (after some rain) and I kept doing 180's! scared the shit outta my friend but it was sooooo worth it! But then I have had times where I was sliding with the steering wheel locked in the opposite direction (would that be considered drift?). And then she wonders why her tires wear out so fast! :lol:

I used to have a golf (fucking duetchbag) that I used to bust around corners in. I'd just roll up about 30-35, put on the brakes down to about 20-25 then disengage the clutch, bring the rpms up, pop it in second and when you start your turn, hit the ebrake while simultaneously dumpin the clutch. All this is done as quickly as possible of coarse. I thought i was gunna flip a few times but after a few too many sets of used tires and a summer I got that shit down. Wanna make mom piss hersefl when she starts bitching about your driving? Do that shit while shes in the passenger seat :lol:

I did it in the rain....... I know, pussy right...... No, I was in an 88 Nissan Pickup. That thing would drift so well, it drove itself around the corner pitched sideways about 45 degrees and then straigtened up and let me set it up for the next corner. The setup??? Stock Truck with 235 60 14's. The 96 I had wouldn't do it thought. Even though it had more power, it would drive itself in the corner.

1) To Drift: Take B's advice and buy a 240sx (or 85-87 corolla, aka AE86).
2) Go buy 1 good set of tires for the front, several sets of super shitty tires for the rear. Get a camber kit and have it adjusted to 0 degree's of camber in the back, and a good amount of camber in the front--at least enough to wear the tires improperly--good luck finding a shop to do this, its considered horribly dangerous by most.
3) Get some parking cones or just be a badass and learn on real roads with no one around.
4) Pay body shop to fix your car after you crash it a a few hundred times or go buy another car.
5) Now buy your SR20DET, CA18DET, RBxxDET(T) and get some real power.
6) Redo steps 1-4.

go tell your friends you know how to loose control of your car!

Drifting = Good times!

Rob :D

i used to drift in my frist car, it was an 85 BMW 535i. the car had almost 200k on it but i swear that engine was just breaking in while the rest of the car was just breaking.

anyway, one time i was with my friends and i wanted to show them i could get the ass end loose going around a corner so as we approached we were doing prolly 35 i slowed to about 25 and dropped into second. as we neared the apex of the corner---HAMMER DOWN!!!!!!!!!

what ensued was a complete 540 with us sitting on the opposite side of the road facing the opposite direction we wanted to be barely missing a soccer mom with her dodge caravan.

oops.

that car was so much fun

this mounth import racer has a 91 civic HB bieng built with a tube chasis and a rwdrive config going in it check it out

this is how i drift in my 95 civic coupe.

1. Enter a corner understeering hard(both tires spinning but turned towards the corner)
2. Let off throttle completely
3. When the front tires grip the rear tires loose traction and the ass end slides around you
4. if you pull the e-brake just after you dump throttle you will get a major slide
5. if you do this in a stock civic dx coupe with strut braces and 205/50/15 sigma tires, when you try to countersteer and power out of the slide you will instead spin and slide off the road into a ditch :( .

cause the d15b7 motor doesn't make enough power to pull you out of the slide.

saturn_boy96 that type of drifting is a technique called powerover
and understeer is bad

lol, you guys shoulda seen micah playing collin mccray. He was in panama city during spring break, at a stoplight near walmart, mad crazy drift action y0! the stop sign didnt think it was that cool though :(

drifting is fun but rally is where it's at, no dirt road near me is safe

Wow, I just watched the videos, and that car is so beast. That vtec on it hits so hard compared to most vtec's I hear. But yeah, I am going to install some suspension goodies tomorrow-lower tie bars with a camber kit, then take meh car out to the wal mart parking lot and see how it performs now.

Wow, I just watched the videos, and that car is so beast. That vtec on it hits so hard compared to most vtec's I hear. But yeah, I am going to install some suspension goodies tomorrow-lower tie bars with a camber kit, then take meh car out to the wal mart parking lot and see how it performs now.

Back