Fwd Drifting - Anybody Else Done It?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah i was in pc giving it hell. where front beach road turns into thomas drive there is an insane corner. i couldnt help it i was in a hellraising mood. got up to about 35 dropped it to second and ripped the wheel to the side, i was pretty much staring at the people in the oppostie lanes driver side doors. i got 3/4 of the way throught the turn and began to countersteer, while i was straighteningt up right as i was about to pull out of it i hit some loose sand and started sliding into the bank. i then proceeded to burn the hell out of my brakepads trying to stop. there are wood poles set up about every 6 feet on this road and i slid straight through two of them and stopped about .0000000001 mm from a slow sign :\

i then went in stealth mode, turned lights off and parked in a very crowded parking lot and sat for a minute as i watched some cops go by wide open on there 4wheelers. i then went the opposite direction heh, you shoulda seen the looks on peoples faces lol, it was great

oh, just as a side note, if anyone says your a jerk driving like that in crowded areas you could kill someone. im just gonna reassure you that i indeed do not give a damn :blink:

:D the one time we dont have out video cameras...that's of been bad, stopping right in front of a slow sign
and yes i am post whoring on this thread :ph34r:

wushu360 Posted on Mar 24 2003, 11:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
saturn_boy96 that type of drifting is a technique called powerover
and understeer is bad

i know understeer is bad, but if i don't understeer then there isn't any power to break the ass end loose. all of that power comes from the front tires suddenly gripping. so i do it on purpose.

I have pretty much mastered the technique in my 96 chevy s10 (NOT STOCK) and my stock 92 vx hatch :p ........although it cost me a pair of tires and new pads for the rear drums from pulling the damn e-brake so many times :(

Practice if you must but (ONLY) in areas or succluded streets meaning no people or other cars so you wont cause harm to others or yourself, but most of all just have fun with the experience.

this is the technique I use

1. as you come to a corner down shift to 2nd and hold clutch
2. at corner rapidly turn wheel towards the direction you want to drift towards either right or left and at the same time dump the clutch and smash on the throtle to get acceleration
3. in the middle of the turn jerk up the e-brake to let your rear wheels lock up and slide out then let down the e-brake (! very important not to let go of the throtle until you let of the e-brake and the car is straightened out or you WILL have understeer and end up on the curb :( !!!!) which hapened to me once. <_<

if anyone has a different technique I would really appreciate if you shared it. :)

i drifting in a ff, but it was only once. i was going on a ramp and the back started sliding, but the front was sliding too when i was trying to accelerate out of it. i was a few inches from hitting the concrete wall.

speaking of drifting, my friend has a rx-7 and i tell you that think is easy to drift. the only mod he has is a straight pipe but all you have to do to drift is gun it while turning.

i inadvertantly drifted in my 70 merc. i know, i know, not a honda. oh well. its got a 390, and i goosed it around the corner. the ass end gave way, and the car is soooo heavy, it just dragged the front end with it! i ended up 180-ed looking sideways down the street. ;)

thnx! you are fine. drifting is only reaching the edge of traction in corner!... and you can do it in any cars. YA!

for tarmac it is fine, but what about snow and gravel?

there is a technique for all cars.. for a FWD cars: left foot brake.

we use left foot brake, tu turn the car once it enter the curv you can controle understeer ( creat oversteer) by pressing brake , but not removing you right foot from gaz even push arder. the principe is that braking whill gaz wil tend to lock rear wheel whill transfer of weight to front! that creat oversteer!... you push brake harder for more oversteer.
you should practice in parking lots.. cause first time i try :p i went of the road :eek: ... no consequence except 50$ for towing :(

left brake is use on a RWD cars to controle oversteer! by pressing brake and gaz, when car is in real oversteer, you will lock front wheel , that will bring them back to trajectoire, slide the front to the outside...

in a AWD : it is use tu get the nose ofd the car of the apex when coming too inside a corner, that is done without contrebrake..

Back