G-tech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deth101

anybody ever used one of these,g-tech or g-techpro.?.....is the rpm sensor reliable,accurate and realtime? this would be a great option for my sleeper cause no wiring and removeable mounts.I need a rpm gauge but all the other stuff looks pretty cool........does it work?

go to your local track, it's much more fun than racing your self, and plus you have so called fans and a tree to run against.

Milan

I am mostly just looking for a tach that is sleeper looking,I could care less about racing myself or times but the G-force gauge is very interesting to me,I did search this but nothing on the tach function.I guess mostly I'm kinda not wanting to swap dash parts unless theres not alot of wiring. what I really want is a oem tach but my whole dash is wrong[95 dx auto]..............are the plugs there for a manual cluster,and which cluster to use?....or just a stealth tach?how labor intensive to do?

OK. after a search the application looks important,I have a 95 dx auto built in canada and am swappin in a b16a2 OBD2b w/the manual out of a 00'Si.what oem cluster will plug-n-play and support my rpm range.....if none what aftermarket tach is sleeper and easy to install,hence the orginal reason I asked about the g-tech.thank you all and sorry for the confusion[I really do use the search option just have a weird swap]. :D

Get a EX cluster (sohcvtec), it will plug and play and it is oem. I had the J-SiR cluster but sold it and used the proceeds for the nice cluster that I just recommended. They are cheap and get the job done. I personally don't like huge 3 foot monster tachs that sit right in my face. I guess the only bad part is that oem tachs are off a little more than autometers tachs. If you want you could get the small narrow shift light and get creative with mounting it or even hiding it into the dash so that only the smal yellow bulb is visible. Good luck.

Milan

thank you Milan,you da man :D ...will that support the 8200RPM,with stock valve springs and retianers how high is it safe to rev[b16a2]? and on a side note how far down can I smartly and safely have the vtec engage at?

the Ex cluster runs to 9k numerically but has area for 10k, just not the number on the cluster. Every motor is different so it is hard to say your optimal areas of power just for your specific ride. B16's usually get a 5700rpm crossover and I would set your revlimiter to 8500rpm, there is no need to go any higher on your stock cammed motor, please what ever you do, put a revlimiter on it even if you plan on going higher and higher into the rev range in the future, some of these kids decided that they want to have no revlimiter and they wonder why their shit went boom. 8200rpm is a great shift point with the oem cammed b16a. Have fun.

Milan

Back