1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G23 into an EK questions

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jdm99ek, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jdm99ek

jdm99ek New Member

So ive learned about the G23 builds, and want to do one now and put it in my 99 EX.

Will it drop in? do i have to do any modifications to the car itself? what motor mounts do i need? What trans should i use (i want a 5speed)?

lets start with that, any info will be great guys, thnx.

2. sufikation

sufikation Active Member

the g23 is a f23 block with the h22a1 head...sounds to me like if would be similar to an h series swap. so your going to need your typical shit, wiring harness, ecu, h or f series tranny...all the goods. from what i have read the g23 is a cost effective build that out performs the k series (bang for your buck theory), i wish you luck and let see some pics!

3. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

:werd: It will be the same as swapping in an H or F series, so you need to do your reasearch on what exactly is needed.

4. 508Honda

508Honda New Member

B-Series trans for the true "g23" im pretty sure and you'd want to stay away from any newer prelude trans if shes a high rev'er

5. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

if you are posting, then you haven't really learned much about them. lol

my .02, if you have to ask, you can't do it. do a more simple, cost effective swap. that swap is neither easy nor cheap. get a gsr swap and call it a day.

6. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

The 2 go hand in hand. If you know what you're doing, then it is cost effective. But unless you can take a motor apart and put it back together, don't attempt a G23.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted