G23 plans need help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ihatemyprelude

Hey guys i have a F22B1 swap collecting dust and i been looking into the G23 build, i see people comparing it to the K20. I just want to know some cons and pros on this build i really cant find any good info about the swap, no one talks about trannys and the H2B swap is just to costly i cant see spending 1000 bucks on a bell housing plate.. I plan to boost my swap i have a Gt28 turbo that should push my swap just fine.. I know i can get 350 + with stock sleeves and rods. But i hear one down fall with the F22 is the low redline but is that top end or bottom end? with a H22 head can i bring my swap over 7500 rpm? Along with cost effective power is it cost effective to swap ls/vtec or G23? only thing that has me excited is the displacement 2.3l vs 1.8l , I did my research on transmissions an a accord ex tranny has just a little shorter gear ratios than a stock ls tranny so that makes it perfect for boost.
Any info to clear up my confusion would be great.. If any one had bad luck with the G23 swap please let me no .

Back