1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gah I want to go paintballing.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by jamesA, Mar 4, 2009.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Anyone paintball? Monday night had a show where they went paintballing, and tonight there was another. It makes me want to go this summer, do they normally just lend you guns, camo and masks?

2. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

I used to, but after dropping 3k in one summer of playing I called it quits. It's great, good fun, and you get lots of exercise, but the operating costs if you do more than just rent become insane. Paint is expensive, especially if you run a decent gun. Air/gas is also not cheap is you don't have a hook-up with someone with a filling station.

If you want to do it, rent everything and don't play with anyone who owns their own - because that will get you sucked in.

Most places will rent guns, masks, and sometimes extra pods, but the camo is probably up to you.

3. jamesA

ah sweet. Yeah, I basically just want to try it. But I think I'll be sticking to going shooting with my real guns for a hobby.

4. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I have a Spyder TL that is a couple of years old and plan on playing some this summer myself. Like any other hobby it can get expensive if you play every weekend all summer long. I just play woods games like capture the flag and such so I dont actually shoot that much paint. But if you do speed ball, well yeah you are going to spend a shit load in paint and gas.

5. jamesA

I just wanna do it once or twice, it looks like fun.

6. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

I played amature paintball for a while, had my own team, then became sponsored and joined a tourney team. Then realized that I had a wife and kids so I couldn't travel as often as I needed to. And there is no money to be had in the pro's. Enough to survive on and play paintball for a living, but thats about it. I was pretty damn good at it, if I don't say so myself. I shot a $1500 minimag! All chrome/polished with a revvy, freak kit, lvl X bolt, UL reactive trigger, 4500psi HPA, it was hot. I still have it. Tuned correctly it will still out-shoot 95% of the guns out there.

And if you play once, you'll be hooked like a crack whore. Seriously.

7. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

its fun to do on a weekend... but it can be a VERY expensive hobby.

8. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

I used to play woods ball all the time with my friends, but like said before paint and air is expensive.

9. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

I'd generally go through $120ish in paint and air per weekend. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But thats with all my own equipment. If you shoot alot less, buy cheap paint, and rent a gun and mask you can have a good weekend for $75.

10. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Word. I had an older-model Autococker with a custom CNC body, Freak System, old school E-blade with the Eye, Nitro system, Rev2k loader, and a ANS(?) front block. I loved the gun, but I dropped out of playing after being bunkered by 14 yr olds with $2500 DM4's. After a while you start to see where the money could go, and decide its too much money.

11. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i went for the first time last summer... boy what a mistake that was.. i almost passed out from heat exhaustion ... 113 degrees, long sleeves and a long night of drinking the night before dont mix .. haha.. plus i could barely breathe up in the mask.. i definitely want to go again, but when its cooler

12. Z6CRX

Z6CRX übber ɐɾuıu etarip

When I worked at Target during nightshift, some co-workers and my supervisor would go paintballing every now and then on the weekends. It's even more fin when you go play with x-military.

I had my bought my own gear a while back, an old spyder classic that I put a really long barrel, and a few other modifications. It was nearly dead silent. It was decent, better than rentals, but i put about 150-200 into just the gun before

I sold my gear off a little over a year ago since I stopped well before that.

13. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

Every field I've gone to provides free CO2.

But yeah, where they get you is the paint... Bring your own if you can, but they typically try to hinder that in some way or another, or provide an incentive to buy theirs. It's like the movies, the money's in the snacks. Paintball, the money's in the paint.

It gets expensive fast if you buy your own stuff, but if you're only doing it once or twice a summer, there's nothing wrong with renting everything.

I typically go to Challenge Park... http://www.cpxsports.com/. They have a bunch of different awesomely themed fields:

The town of Bedlam:
    [​IMG]

Armageddon:
    [​IMG]

Jungle of Doom:
    [​IMG]

And alot more. :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  14. eg6sir

yea.. with the rental guns they say you cant bring your own paint for them.. you have to use thiers

15. Z6CRX

Z6CRX übber ɐɾuıu etarip

i wish i was closer to one of those awesome fields

16. eg6sir

:werd: .. that town one looks like tons of fun

17. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

i hate hearing people say, "it hurts to get shot"

1) stop being a pussy

2) it's part of what makes it fun. every time i have felt pain from stuff like that, it's always worth it. it heightens the experience.

18. eg6sir

easy solution for the pain.. dont get shot.. :D .. i dont believe i got hit once when i played.. i ended up walking off the course because i thought i was gonna faint

19. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

you didn't play long enough with enough people.

20. eg6sir

we were in teams of 8-9 and each match lasted about 30 minutes.. at about 20 minutes i had enough .. hahah.. next time i'm not getting shitfaced the night before

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted