Gaining 10-20 hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ur right though, a stockish ls/vtec that lives below 7k (or so) wont fly apart RIGHT away...

But it wont put down the same numbers as one that has the proper rods and has cams that are meant for the 1.8l motor.

Non sense........i have driven my lsvtec quite hard, pulls to 8k everyday it has been driven.

The motor still runs perfect and i have had it for 2 years of daily driving.

I did not upgrade the rod bolts either or the pistons but i did build the rest properly.

You have to use an obd2 oil pump, vtec water pump and you should be fine. Look at build from 2 years ago if you want, its in my sig.

96+ B-series oil pumps all have the same part # at the dealership. 96+ integra oil pumps are on obd2 engines. They can be used on obd1 engines as well.

Last edited:
I bet that by replacing your intake with a pep-boyz hot air intake and advancing your timing a bit will get you 10hp.

That should cost $30.

lol i work there and i approve this message :) lol the stuff we sell is total crap, period the end

Bwahahaha!!!

Stupid, way overpriced, stuff that's dyno proven to make power. :lmao:

No doubt that turbo is lower cost power than staying all-motor, but a quality turbo kit can't be put together and tuned for $1k. You can buy cheap crap and throw it on the engine with an adjustable FPR for that price though. You'll end up having to spend more money on replacing your engine though.

My philosophy, do it the right way or not at all.

In the words of the immortal Dwayne Johnson, a.k.a. "The Rock" IF YA SMELLLLLLLELELEELLEEELELELELELELELELE, WHAT SCOTT....*raises people's eyebrow* isssssssss cookin'! :huh:

guys for him to throw a bottle of nos on a daily driven motor would be completely dumb. He said before he wants a little more power for daily driving. And for him to go turbo would be good too. but find me a turbo kit for less than $700 so I can get my car tuned with the other $300. Ain't gonna happen unless you personally piece together a homemade kit and no offense to this guy but I seriously doubt he could even put together a homemade setup himself. No offense man.

well if he is just using a stock usdm b16 cam and head package, it probably wouldnt make peak power too high... it wouldnt be as brutal as a full on build, but it'd probably be fun in something light with a good tranny.

maybe he should get some 13's up front? that'd feel like 10-15 hp right?

Back