game console failure rate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

good idea i guess.. lol.. waiting to get mine back from an RROD .. not taking 4 weeks for me though.. maybe 2 at the most

That is a good one unless they run the serial. When it comes up that its registered to you they might catch on.

you think i left the old serial on there? not a chance lol. i swapped the bar codes. and i also paid in cash so there was no way to trace the payment.

an unforeseen issue i ran into though upon getting the xbox home was that i didn't realize there was a visual difference between the basic xbox with no hdd and the xbox premium. i figured why purchase the premium when i dont need the hdd, i just need the unit. plus i was rather low on funds at the time. now that i had the thing home i was paranoid and didn't wanna risk goin back and trying to swap it out for a premium, knowing i'd be back again returning my old unit lol. so i was left with the task of making the basic xbox look like a premium and my xbox premium look like a basic one. The only difference is the cd tray cap and cd eject button. on the premium there chrome, on the base model there the units white color. the cd cap piece came off super easy. the cd eject button on the other hand was ridiculous to say the least. i mean look at this thing. its not by accident that the 360 in the background is completely taken apart before they're able to show you this little bastard

open14.jpg

i had to basically disassemble the entire front of the xbox and scratch the piss out of my hands trying to pry the button loose and not break it or the casing. (or tear those precious stickers that indicate the machines been serviced/opened outside of ms) plus keep in mind i had to remove 2 buttons and install 2 buttons in total. so aside from that, everything else went pretty smoothly lol.

another plus side of me doing this was i ended up with a 360 that now had a hdmi port lol

Last edited:
And now youre posting that all up on the internet... I think you just blew your cover lol. I doubt theyre on it like that but I hope your Live account isn't on the same E-Mail your HondaSwap is. Cause you never know whos watching anymore... :rolleyes:

my live account is attached to a different email, but i'm honestly not concerned at this point lol. i did this probably like a year and a half ago now.

im gonna be the black sheep here and say i absolutely adore my ps3. the biggest selling points were 1) the wife wanted it more than i did. 2) I got a game console and a uPnP media server in one package. 3) There were still backward compatible models available when i bought my ps3.

they're no longer backwards compatible???

yeah i forgot what it was called. getting a flatscreen next week. then next month i will be getting a ps3.

yeah i forgot what it was called. getting a flatscreen next week. then next month i will be getting a ps3.

all i have to say is you better be looking at a plasma for that flat screen. Or a projector :D.

If not you're just throwing your money away on inferior products. There is not a LCD on this earth that compares in picture quality to even mid-level plasmas. The only thing they have going for them is they're bright and they save you 10 bucks a year on your electric bill.

Rawr. Start a new thread for TV discussion cause im getting off topic. But I can just say that an LCD is a waste of money.

I just thought of a problem with the ps3 (finally). My left joystick is broken on the controller. it will not full lock in 1 direction. so up down and left work, but i can only go half way right. And then it makes a crunching sound. and then i can go up down right and left doesnt work. etc.

luckily i plugged it into my computer and ive been playing snes games on an emulator all week. not a total lost. mega man x1-3 and chrono trigger. mwahahaha

i would pull the controller apart... chances are you have a grain of sand in the joystick socket.

i would pull the controller apart... chances are you have a grain of sand in the joystick socket.

Been there done that. The joystick is a one piece assembly and the other posts i found of people with the same issue said 'even if you have the ability to resolder a new joystick its still easier and only slightly less cost effective to just buy a new controller'

and for those who look up a guide to disassembling and reassembling a ps3 controller. close the guide and walk away. 4 and a half hours trying to get the damn l2 and r2 buttons back on correctly FTMFL!

I read the same article. The stats reported are from squaretrade. It went on to say that the 360 failure rate is probably much high since most failures are reported directly to MS.

Back