game console

Which game console should I get?

• Sony Playstation 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i am really wanting a brand new game system as i am tired of my old PSX. i am looking into the above choices, all having their positives and negatives to them. right now i am leaning towards the Microsoft Xbox because of its features....and that it looks cool. anyways, shich one should i get and why? all input needed. thanks!!

PS2. Buy it and then goo trade in your PS1 and McVans video game trader (closest one is off of Maplecrest and State) and they'll give you a credit towards some games for your PS2. ;)

i vote PS2 ... but im a Gran Turismo whore

i would suggest looking at what games each system has to offer and get the one that supports your gaming style most

oh and PS2 will play all of your old PSX games :)

and socom 2 online with a mic OWNS. Plus u don't have to pay like xbox live.
also do you really want another microsoft thing in ur house

but i would recommend the PS2. I have all three and the online I really play is the PS2, it's the only one with good games as of late.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 12 2004, 09:02 PM
i vote PS2 ... but im a Gran Turismo whore

:werd:
I also have an XBox, and both are great systems. XBox will not play DVD's without the extra remote($25-30 more). Both have expensive online add ons. XBox has built in memory, which is nice. However, if you wanna play your game at a buddies house, you still need a memory card.

I say buy both, or all three, but PS2 is my Favorite. The games will cost you a nice chunk too. Go on EBAY and buy someone elses system that already has a game or two you'd like. They always give away the stupid games.

heres another option as far as buying the system goes

if you are a member at your local warehouse club store (costco, sams, bjs, etc...) check them out.... i picked up a PS2 with an extra controller, memory card, and 2 games ("Gran Turismo 3" and "Jak and Daxter" <-- actually a pretty cool game) for around $175

3. Nintendo - Seems like all of the games now are 'cutsy' and 'sissified'. Still pretty badass.

2. XBOX - Halo 2 anyone? Has Metal Gear but no Gran Turismo. Good games. Probably the most powerful system.

1. PS2 - I'm biased but.... Metal Gear Solid, GT3, tons of other decent games. The PSX games you already have will run smoother than before if you put them on PS2 (one example is Driver 2 - that sucker is flawless on the PS2). However I don't think you can save the PS1 games onto the PS2 card. Not sure if the PS1 cards work for this or not in the PS2.

Ps1 memory cards won't work on the ps2. I've tried.

Get the BOx. Xbox is wayyy better than PS2

true GT3 is amazing, but Gotham2 is not too shabby.
GT3 is the only reason to get a ps2, plus the ps3 is scheduled for 2nd quarter of 2005. Microsoft JUST started the 2nd box and said 2006 at the absolute earliest. so right there the box is better, cause ps3s just around the corner.

The hardware for all of the systems are getting to the point that the programmers set the pace. A great game is not great unless the makers do the job right. All of the systems are good.

Ps2 The main factor seems to be GT3. That is the reason that I bought the ps2. I've had it for a while, and can't get enough!!! After playing the XBOX i was still glad I made the choice that i did...

xbox is sooo much better than ps2, i have both systems and the graphics in most games are better than ps2. yes it doesnt have gt3 but it has a lot of other awsome games.

I currently have gamecube and ps2 with the x-box on the way...i'd have to say ps2 right now because of grand tourismo...

I = Grand Tourismo's bitch!

PS2 > halobox . as far as games and playibility ps2 owns all. there are tons of good games for ps2 and a lot of them are the same as xbox. another thing about the ps2, you can actually hold the controller. fing xbox controller is the size of a basketball. and the console itself is bigger than a tv.

get the PS2... theres a shit load of good games out there for it... you can still play all your old games .... and if you want you can get the other gaming systems later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back