game console

Which game console should I get?

• Sony Playstation 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a nerd, and once having all 3....I decided to keep the Gamecube and Xbox, playstation 2 is just uhhh....nothing special..both xbox and gamecube have better graphics and load faster, and Xbox Live is greater than anything PS2 online has, including SOCOM 2.

Xbox does have shitty pick of games, tho...Project Gotham Racing 2 is enough to hold me over until I need to get a PS2 for GT4 and GTA : Sin City.

I was stuck between the xbox and ps2, but even though xbox is a great system, it just doesn't have the games ps2 has, there for ps2 for me, and I vote ps2 for you

i play mostly sports games, and xbox>ps2 in that, plus it has multiplayer; live to go with it. the new xbox controllers are smaller for those who cant adapt. i have gotten used to the big ones.

sports, online play, console features, most multiplayer games, graphics, SOUND (dolby 5.1), HDTV support, custom soundtracks, FUTURE GAME RELEASES, the S controller itself, and load times make Xbox > PS2. plus you get free games with the box. the only downside i see to xbox is no gt4. other than that, nothing. most good ps2 games have been ported and optimized for the xbox.
oh yeah, Halo 2. i'm much more for FPS than racing games. project gotham 2 is great enough for me. it really rocks. and star wars: knights of the old republic has been addicted. only available on xbox and pc.

Just have to put my opinion in.

I used to have a PS2. I was all over it, loved it and everything. I always said "PS2 has the best controllers and games." Now that I got a XBOX, I realized that PS2 is a step lower. The loading time is better than PS2 also.

The controllers for XBOX are better IMO. As soon as I got used to them, they were great. Took like 10 minutes. The small controllers just fit perfect in your hand.

I love HALO! I dont think PS2 could make a game as good as HALO. GT3 is alright, the only mods you can do to the outside of the car is rims. Love the GT3 tracks though.

A lot of the PS2 games are starting to be made for XBOX. For example, GTA3 and Vice City. XBOX took both of those games and applied XBOX's graffics (sp?). Nobody can say that it looks the same.

:cliffs:
My vote goes to XBOX
Dont know about Game Cube

A little logic sequence for you Brian...

XBox = Microsoft
Microsoft = evil

Therefore by chain association

XBox = evil

:lol:

The PS2 has more support and is more stable- it's not a hacked together PC that's running a bastardized version of a Windows OS. The XBox has its advantages... like it has a more powerful processor and graphics chip, but it's still not a stable standalone console system. Maybe Xbox2 will solve that problem, especially since a variant of a processor that my roommate helped to design is going to sit inside of it.

:D :D :D

The PS2 has more game support also, and you can play all your old PSX games on it. I would go ahead and get a PS2 first, mod it, then play all your PSX stuff on it when you want to- then buy an XBox and mod it too.

Not like it matters for me, since PC >>>> game console. :D :D :D

None.

..although I'm a hard-core PC gamer. :) I just don't find anything I like to play on any of the new consoles. FPS games are too clunky on consoles, and the majority of the games I've been playing lately are FPS games like Natural Selection.

If I had to vote though, I'd vote on an NES emulator for Super Dodge Ball tournaments. No one can beat me. :ph34r:

Uh oh- I smell a challenge! Super Dodge Ball was THE GAME when I played the NES all the time... I'll have to take you on if we ever meet in person!

:lol:

I agree with you though- FPS games suck balls without a super fast machine to drive them and a mouse/keyboard. It just wasn't meant to be..

FPS = First Person Shooter

Like Quake, Doom, Counterstrike..

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 13 2004, 02:54 PM
I agree with you though- FPS games suck balls without a super fast machine to drive them and a mouse/keyboard. It just wasn't meant to be..

:werd:
i can't aim for shit with a little joystick, soooo much easier using the damn mouse. what they need to do is come out with a mouse and keyboard for the consoles to play the fps's then i'd be happy :)

They DID come out with one for the Playstation when Doom was ported out to it, but I never got to try. One of my friends actually bought the KB/mouse combo for it, but he just used the joystick. Lame.

Coming out with just the KB/mouse won't really help too much either. The companies design the game layout and physics around the crappy controls- you're in a joypad world when you play those games, so a KB/mouse won't make it play any better. You'll just have better movement and control, that's all.

:(

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 13 2004, 04:54 PM
Uh oh- I smell a challenge! Super Dodge Ball was THE GAME when I played the NES all the time... I'll have to take you on if we ever meet in person!

OH IT'S ON!!! :D :D

Halo controls and games that mimmick its' setup rock. but some games implement it horribly, like counterstrike. that needs to be a pc only game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back