Game Stop pulled a ooppppssss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well thats what im reffering too..
the 3yr "ring of death" warranty or whatever..

If the model number is different and your ps3 eats shit (and it will sooner or later)

I think you're thinking of that "other" system, you know, the one with the 54% fail rate. The fail rate on the PS3 is like 10%...

My wii thus far has been bullet proof. I don't own a PS3, but I have owned 6 PS2s..

Yeah, I went through several PS2s myself. I think the problem with those is that they sold up the DVD player portion of it, but they didn't really design it to be used constantly as a DVD player as well as a game console.

The PS3 seems to do alright though...

I bought a PS3 around 2 weeks after launch, I've racked up many fallout/oblivion hours on it with ZERO issues.

xbox 360.... I 'm on my 5th

I really wanted to buy a 2nd xbox 360 since I believe my 5th xbox is on its way out, it sounds like total shit. the PS3 is for the bedroom meaning I mostly want to use it for netflix and bluray movies. In order to use a 360 I would have had to buy the wireless adapter at 80 bucks or so, then always have to pay for a gold membership for netflix and still not have an HD player, then theres the whole dying thing.

25 for remote and 299 for system and I have a kick ass bedroom player and a 2nd system for when family or friends want to do some local MP

There's no way in hell the xbox has a 50-60 failure rate, no way. Outside of a few online people who say they still have a launch xbox that works, I don't personally know of a SINGLE person who hasn't had an xbox die on them, in fact all of the normal people I play with are on their 3rd or 4th xbox, on top of that the die hard gamers I know have back up xboxes sitting just waiting to go in use.

My guess is their failure rate from the first 3 years was closer to 80-90%

Fucking MS xbox... biggest piece of shit, its like a really ugly girl who is great in bed, while I hate the xbox like no other since they break nonstop, I still cant get past the sideways taco.... aka xbox live.

I have 2 360s, one over 2 yrs old, another going on 4 yrs and neither have had any problem whatsoever.

I have 2 360s, one over 2 yrs old, another going on 4 yrs and neither have had any problem whatsoever.

I had 2 different 360s take a shit within 2 weeks of each other.

Bought one, on the 3rd or 4th day it died, took it back and exchanged it for another one and 5 or so days later it died... following one lasted maybe a month and so on.....

Guy was very thankful, had that look of just saw a ghost and said wow that would have got me fired.

Just remember, if there's a place you dislike, like gamestop, screwing over the employees to spite the company is like shitting on an American because of what our government does, the bottom feeders never have anything to do with the big wigs, they just want to put in their time to make ends meet.

He was very thankful to say the least, when I hinted at COD2 he made it clear if I wanted it he would make it happen, I told him I didn't want him to buy me anything however if he could get a good discount on it that wouldn't dig into his own pockets I'd entertain that idea, his discount wasn't really all that great. I told him don't worry about it, bought some PS3 games and told him I'd bring it back over the weekend.

Only thing that sucks is for some reason they need the full package back even the controller in order to send it back, they for can't just swap boxes and content.

ohwell, packing it all back up is easy enough.

Except that the employees are part of the problem.

It is a known and accepted practice for the employees to take brand new games home on a 'checkout' system, bring them back, and then sell them as new.

not this shit again.. they both have their pros and cons... lets leave it at that..

Yeah, I wasn't intending to launch into a "360 vs. PS3" debate, I was just making it known that the PS3 is pretty reliable...

Back