garrett t3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esp4life

i have a garrett t3 waiting to be installed, but i need to find out if it needs water and oil lines? it has 2 sets of lines in between the intake and exhaust housing and i'm not sure if i need to use all four lines. any help would be appreciated.

I would be willing to bet its water cooled. Cant tell for sure w/out the specifics of the turbo u have.

To know for sure, you would need to know the exact part number of your turbo so you can check to see how that part is cooled.

do i go to the garrett site to check that info? i can run home on my lunchbreak and get the number. is there an advantage/disadvantage of having water cooled over oil?

oil is not a cooler.... its a luber.

oil is a must, water is optional

if its setup to be watercooled, you should run it. all you really need is to tap into your water system off the throttle body coolant line

Originally posted by esp4life@Sep 20 2005, 03:13 PM
does it matter which lines get oil and which gets water?
[post=557206]Quoted post[/post]​

absolutely. If you run a water line to an oil line, you won't have a turbo very long... it'll fry.

Originally posted by esp4life@Sep 20 2005, 03:21 PM
that's what i was afraid of. is there any way to distinguish which is which?
[post=557210]Quoted post[/post]​

Post a pic of your turbo, somebody on the board should be able to show you which is which.

turbo1.jpg

turbo2.jpg

that is the best i can do for now. the oval-shaped one has a line on the opposite side of the one in the picture, and the pic is a bolt going through the line. hope this helps, i would really like to get this turbo in. thanks again.

Originally posted by esp4life@Sep 20 2005, 09:43 PM
turbo1.jpg

turbo2.jpg

that is the best i can do for now. the oval-shaped one has a line on the opposite side of the one in the picture, and the pic is a bolt going through the line. hope this helps, i would really like to get this turbo in. thanks again.
[post=557389]Quoted post[/post]​

there is only 2 holes?

if theirs only 2 holes than its just oil

there are 4 holes total. two of each that are pictured. the hole in the first picture has one like it on the opposite side, and same with the hole in pic 2. the other 2 pics were even less clear as those two pics i posted.

there's no fooling you. back to the drawing board. i need to know how to run oil and water lines to my plutocharger. no, i know the pics suck... cameraphone quality. i hope hubble can do way better than a camera phone.

Originally posted by esp4life@Sep 21 2005, 01:56 PM
there's no fooling you. back to the drawing board. i need to know how to run oil and water lines to my plutocharger.
[post=557844]Quoted post[/post]​

OMFG.. That is some priceless shit right there.

:worthy:

Back