Gas mileage on b18b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

I'm now planning on going the b18b1 route and was just wondering about something. If I fit the b18 with b16 pistons, will this cause horrible gas mileage? I was thinking this is just like running a b16 with the vtec engaged the whole time. Someone please clear this up for me. :spin:

what does high compression have to do with being like being in VTEC all the time????

high compression = exactly what is sounds like... the air/fuel mix gets compressed more

VTEC (while engaged) = higher lift and longer duration cam profile, allowing more air/fuel to get into the cylinder every cycle

raising compression will only require you to use a higher octane fuel to prevent pre-detination (pinging)

how you drive the car on the other hand will greatly effect your fuel economy... drive the car the way you do now and your fuel consumption should stay about the same.... start driving faster and trying to race all the time and you will see a drastic decrease in milage

Back