gas mileage sucks!!!!!!!!!!&#3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my gas mileage sucks!!! it really does ,i dont think its because i move around a lot,my car has the d15b 3 stage vtec ,which is supposed to have very good gas mileage,sure i've got a couple of mods : 4 into exhaust header & cone air filter,the engine itself is in good condition, no c.e.l.s ,im a stickler for regular service, i use synthetic castrol 5w 30,correct ngk's etc,heck it even spews out water in the morning...

because of all this im focusing my attention to other things ,,,,,it has an o2 sensor,i get no c.e.l when i unplugg it :huh: , maybe the injectors need cleaning,,,how on earth do i do that?????????????,the car is also equipped with e.g.r,which i understand means exhaust gas recirculation,well the e.g.r canister has a tube which dissapers under the car,i presume to collect residual exh gases from the exh system,i doubt,,seriously doubt its connected to the exh system because its an aftermarket exh,maybe thats the cause.......maybe someone can pick up on these hints ive given and advice

I'm not too familiar with Honda problems, but I know on my Toyota the MPG's went to shit when the front O2 went bad. Not a bad place to start. There's no MAF on it right?

myabe the bulb for your CEL is burnt out?? cuz if you unplug the 02, it shoudl kick on withing a couple hundred feet of driving or a like 20 seconds of ideling

hmmmmm interesting......i suspect the 02 sensor then

,well pissedofsol ,the c.e.l is fully functional,it gave me a code 54 the other time,which i sorted..its really wird why the c.e.l does not come on when i unplugg the sensor..

my o2 sensor has a single wire coming out of it and it sits on the exh header pipe exiting the number four cylinder(the 1 closest to the disributor),the 02 sensor plug is mounted on the gearbox not far from the revers light switch..

ive read sonmewhere of a secondary heated o2 sensor,does this suggest theres another o2 sensor somewhere

nonetheless i really wanna get to the bottom of this problem,why on earth do i get no c.e.l when i unplugg the the 02 sensor

nonetheless i really wanna get to the bottom of this problem,why on earth do i get no c.e.l when i unplugg the the 02 sensor
[/quote]

You wont get a cel by just unplugging the connector and checkin the ecu for codes ... you actually have to run the car a few yards, then do the cel procedure.

Back