Gas mileage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

:rolleyes: I have a 95 Honda Accord Ex. I just wanted to know some ways I could improve my gas mileage. I have to drive very far to go to work every day, and as of now. I have to refill my tank every 2-3 days or every 300 hundred miles. As of now, I just have an intake and exhaust with stock cad. I believe my stock headers are bent from noise diving from when the car was extremely low to the ground.

advance your timing and use high octane gas. The gas costs more, but you increase your efficiency enough w/ advanced timing to outweigh it. And also, if you bent your header there is a chance you could have hurt the flow characteristic of your exhaust, but I doubt it.

strip the interior. dont use your air conditioner. check your tire pressures. keep your engine tuned (spark plugs, timing, oil, clean air filter, adjust belts). dont "get on it" as much. also make sure your battery fluid level is topped off. a weak battery makes the engine sluggish.

oh and if your car has a wing...get rid of it :D

forgot a few more things you should take care of if they're due:
replace: dist. cap & rotor, spark plug wires and last but definitely not least...replace fuel filter (that one should help alot if its been clogged)

lately i've been trying to conserve gas too and what i've found to work for me is driving like a freakin grandma during my commutes.
i shift at or before 3000 rpms and i actually drive the speed limit. if the speed limit is 35, i'll be in 4th or 5th gear doing 35mph.
because i've been driving like that i only fill my tank up once a week.

Back