Gas pedal getting stuck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WickedCarparts

Hey guys, I just did an auto to manual swap in my DC with a b20 motor. For some reason, the gas pedal is getting stuck if the car gets cold. When I'm driving, it gets a little stuck. This is messing up my driving because I always have to rev the motor before I take off so it releases. Seems like the butterfly is a little tight, or it needs some WD-40. I noticed this problem when I floor the gas and when I release it, I think the butterfly closes hard so it gets stuck.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys, I just did an auto to manual swap in my DC with a b20 motor. For some reason, the gas pedal is getting stuck if the car gets cold. When I'm driving, it gets a little stuck. This is messing up my driving because I always have to rev the motor before I take off so it releases. Seems like the butterfly is a little tight, or it needs some WD-40. I noticed this problem when I floor the gas and when I release it, I think the butterfly closes hard so it gets stuck.

1) dont use wd 40. use some intake cleaner, it will work better, IF that is your problem, the acelerator cable can only be stiff for so many reasons, so first, disconnect the cable from throttle body, and from the gas pedal ( OR get someone else to hold the gas pedal to the floor. move the cable by hand see if it binds up, or is stiff, if it does, replace cable, if its good grab the butterfly valve where the cable hooks up, apply pressure very gradually, trying to open it. if it binds at first then releases take off the intake, get an old tooth brush, spray a litle intake cleaner in there, hold the butterfly open, and scrub scrub!

dont go overboard with the cleaner, it will do its job, you dont want too much going down the intake and have pools of it in your intake waiting for when you crank the motor over for the first time. :)

Thanks guys. Fixed my problem today. I took an old tooth brush and sprayed some WD-40 on it, then opened the throttle body and just started scrubbing. It had some dark black gunk stuck, so it's clean now. Thanks for all the help!!

Back