gas pedal problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flyingsolo

Ok so every so often after I turn my 94 Accord on, I start to push the gas pedal and it sticks a little and I have to tap it with my foot kinda hard before it releases and acts normal. Its typically only right after I turn the car on that it does this, and its fine. If I try to just push through the pedal slowly it will stick and then when it releases it jumps to between 1500-2000 rpms. Any ideas as to whats going on here?

Do you mean when the engine or the outside temperature is cold?

I live in Florida so technically its never cold. It will happen whether I have been driving the car for thirty minutes, turn it off and then turn it back on again; or if I am turning it on for the first time during the day.

oh ok hmm im just wandering if ur spring on ur throttle body is messed up, not likely.
or some kinda obstruction near by throttle body or inside? carbon build up? just a few thoughts bro, may not be any of these but wouldnt hurt to chk

Probably carbon build up, take some carb cleaner and a rag or a brush that you know the bristles won't break off and clean your throttle body.

Yeah, what they said. Go nuts on the throttle body spring assembly with some pb blaster and see if that frees it up.

41128fb7b32e1c06

???
:ph34r:

Back