gas tank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was reading that the ef's have an 11.9 gallon gas tank, is this true? because whenever my gas gauge hits E, I fill it up and it only takes like 8.5-9 gallons, so whats the truth, because I don't want to see how much it has then run out of gas in the middle of no where. so if anyone really knows I would like to know seeing that these things don't have gas lights.

thanks!

What model is your civic? I know that for eg's the cx and vx have smaller tanks compared to the ex, lx, dx, si....

well considering the sending unit only reads what is ACTUALLY in the tank and not in the lines, pump itself,fuel filter etc.....so if you drained your tank, pump, filter, all the lines and then filled the tank..... finally get it to crank, then add the amount it took to fill the tank up, then the amount it took to top it off after the gas got thru the pump,lines,filter,injectors and all....then you will know how much gas you ACTUALLY have in the car!

hmm. even ALLDATA lists the tank size as 11.9. i've at most been able to get about 9.5 gallons into the car. and the car was literally shutting off as i pulled into the gas station lol.

The gauge is just not accurate. According to the gauge you can actually fill it past "Full".

Also, fluid in the lines aren't taken into account why they measure "tank" capacity.

My brother, with it all the way at E, the most we've put in there is about 9gal(93 Civic CX).

Back