Gas Warning Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

APACHE

I have a 92 honda accord wagon... I was wondering how many mile or gallons do I have left when the light comes on. I didn't recieve a drives manual when i bought the car. Plus whoever put the aftermarket reverse glow gauges put it on an angle... :angry: Basiclly they f--k Up :wtf:

Please Help

Thanx

buy a gallon gas can, and a gallon of gas and go find out...

some will let you get 30 miles+
or search google...
i dunno about accord wagons

wagons are hot though :thumbsup:

On my teg when the light comes on I have roughly 3.5-4 gallon left, thats over a hundred miles!

EDIT: Easiest way to find out... find out how big your tank is. My money is on 13.2 gallons (50 liters), but I dono about accords. Fill your tank as soon as your light comes up, and subtract that from however much your tank will hold... BAM!!!

or you could take reck's suggestion, and just put a gas can in your backseat and run your car to empty

Why would you want to intentionally run your car out of gas when you dont have to. Its not especially good for the car, and its not like the mileage you put on will be the same everytime anyway. If you want a general idea just fill it.

Why would you want to intentionally run your car out of gas when you dont have to. Its not especially good for the car, and its not like the mileage you put on will be the same everytime anyway. If you want a general idea just fill it.

knowing the overall less the warning light amount serves a purpose, but it still does not tell you the usable amount thats in the gas tank...

lets say its 13.2 gallons, light comes on when 12.2 gallons is gone... so that leaves one gallon left, but there's no way the whole amount will be usable..., no way...

an even more likely scenerio is that there's approx 3 gallons left when the light comes on and only 1.5 - 2 are usable...

runin outta gas sucks dont knwo about my civic cuz there is no light but in my 92 teg when the light came on there was 2 gal left. and id say you realy only loose about a half gal so a usable 1.5.

When the gas light on my 91 prelude comes on, I have taken it about 63 highway miles and haven't run out of gas, so out of my 15.9 gallong tank, I am assuming I have 2.5 gallons once the light comes on the first time.

If you are in a hilly, squirly road area, the gauge tend to roll around, so your best bet to get an idead is like what others have said:

Once that gas light comes on, fill up your tank, subtract how much you put in from the tank size, and you get a genreal idea of how much is left in the tank when the light comes on.

Just fill up your tank when you hit the half way point. What I do is the same as people who run on almost empty, just the opposite. When I get to about 1/8 to 1/4 tank down from full, I fill it up. I'll never run out, and it cost the same as running on fumes without the worries.

I know it's different. but i have an 11.9 gallon tank and my light goes on and off at 9.5 gallons, and stays on at 10 gallons. Meaning I only have 1.9 gallons left.

Back