Gasket Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just hand tight.. dont need to force it.. and after you drive the car and let it cool off.. re-torque everything because the metal likes to expand when it gets hot.. you should be good to go after that

Well I tightened down to 25 ft/lbs yesterday and ran it around the block then re-torqued it to 35 ft/lbs today and it seems to have held all the way home(500 mi trip). The weird thing is, now shes talking ;) I'm getting the pops and crackles. hehe But I think one of the other gaskets are leaking now dang it... LoL.. My luck just sucks. :(

Well its that same dang gasket. It blew it out again and I don't understand why its doing that. I was wondering if it would be recommended to put the metal outsides from my original gasket on one? Or Maybe double it? Any suggestions would be appreciative. -Gary

how well do the flanges mate up? if its a cheap egay header it might have some tolerance issues thats causing a gap in the seal and leading to failure

I'm not too sure..I bought some of the metal like gasket paper this time, put some ultra copper RTV on it, torqued it down to 40 ft/lbs and well see how long it lasts this time. Hopefully permanently. But I wouldn't doubt thats my problem. I say its just a matter of time and money before I get that car turbo'd.. LoL -Gary

Back