Gaskets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Where do you guys usually get your gaskets? Any place online? Or do you just make a run to an autoparts store?

I know I'm doing an IM, figured I could pick up a new IM gasket now and that way I have it.

get the Hondata gasket, but normally i go to Honda to get my gaskets

i'm sure parts stores are the same thing, but cheaper.. its just the girl at the Honda parts counter is pretty cute.. haha

That's cool. Yeah I have an oil change for thursday so I'll be asking while I'm there. :)

ah. nevermind, part number 33, 23, and 21 for the springs. Found the gasket on there for 8 bucks.

I completely forgot about that site.

So yeah ya can close this now. lol

Damn... a gasket, 2 bolts, 2 nuts and 2 springs for the price that streetrays.com has just the gasket listed shipped.

yea honda automotive parts rocks. same with the acura automotive parts. both are great places to get stuff. the only time i buy from the actual dealer is if i only need something like an oil o-ring or something. everything else is way expensive.

I should have ordered the 7 manifold bolts and 2 nuts while I was in there... ah well.

They look like shit. Rust and blah blah. 1.66 for each... cheap. Yeah.

Oh well, I may do them later when I get some more stuff for the car.

yep.. dont think i've ever seen a rusted bolt on my car.. even my LCA bolts came out without breaking

lol

Yeah... it'll be fun... when I was doing my brakes I broke a bolt for the dust shield on one of my rears trying to pull it out.

Now that I have that honda parts site burned in my brain, I'm replacing every nut/ bolt I ever take out.

Thread from almost the dead...

I just ordered my BLOX IM, and I haven't been under the hood to check out the mounting points. Anyone who's done an IM on a b16a(2), how many bolts is it to take it apart/off the block? I'm looking on hondaautomotiveparts, and without actually having done it once I don't know which bolts/nuts/parts I need to order to have all new shit.

Honda Automotive Parts

Any help possible would be sweet. I wanna do this once and have everything I need before hand. I have my gasket already btw.

its 10 bolts/studs.. remove them from outer to inner.. reverse for putting it back on

i had to use washers when mounting my fuel rail back on.. .. it didnt sit flush against the manifold.. there were gaps (which i filled in with stacked washers.. )

Ok so it's studs from the block and they're held on by nuts?

So I can just get ten of each, Number 21 and 26s and be safe?

Ok so it's studs from the block and they're held on by nuts?

So I can just get ten of each, Number 21 and 26s and be safe?

mine are studs in the block with nuts holding it on.. 26 looks like a bolt that goes into the block.. no nut needed .. its much easier to put the gasket on if the studs are sticking out of the block

Back