Gaskets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yep.. dont think i've ever seen a rusted bolt on my car.. even my LCA bolts came out without breaking

Damn you. Damn you straight to hell.

I live in Michigan. I don't think there are any bolts on my car that AREN'T rusted. I ended up having to drill out one of those LCA bolts. Hardened bolt + drill = not fun.

Anyways, sorry to threadjack, just wanted to throw in my two cents about places to buy parts. When I did my header I got the bolt/spring/nut combo set from NAPA for like 5 something bucks. The bolts had the shoulder part on them too to stop them from going in too far, just like the OEM ones. NAPA is worth checking out if you want to try and get something locally and don't feel like paying dealer prices. I usually get Fel-Pro gaskets from there too.

Should I pull and replace the studs too? I was just going to replace the nuts and bolts I counted looking at the stock IM.

Dont forget to torque everything down properly. Correct order + correct ft lbs.. Or you'll be doing it all over again.

im bout to install a skunk2 mani on the gsr tomorrow, all i did was go to the oreillys and order a 3.99 IM gasket, and yes torquing everything down right will prevent problems later on TRUST ME, i over tightened my exhaust mani bolt and well i had to heli-coil it :( lots of pain and work lol

While I'm in here, whats the torque specs on the nuts/bolts? My haynes got ruined in the garage (my roof leaks, i forgot to pick it up)

dude change your own oil...... a monkey can do that.. don't take it anywhere..

buy 5 qrts of M1

remove the bolt from the oil pan, size 14 or 17 socket

drain out all the oil..

put bolt back on.

remove oil filter (it looks like a little colored cap , and might be branded.. ofcourse it should be..) its located on the back of ur engine (look around)

fill the new oil filter up half way with oil, and wet the rubbery edges of the new oil filter..

screw new oil filter back on, (hand tighten as hard as u can)

jack ur car down, fill up either 4 1/2 qtrs or 4, (depedning on ur manual)

dude change your own oil...... a monkey can do that.. don't take it anywhere..

buy 5 qrts of M1

remove the bolt from the oil pan, size 14 or 17 socket

drain out all the oil..

put bolt back on.

remove oil filter (it looks like a little colored cap , and might be branded.. ofcourse it should be..) its located on the back of ur engine (look around)

fill the new oil filter up half way with oil, and wet the rubbery edges of the new oil filter..

screw new oil filter back on, (hand tighten as hard as u can)

jack ur car down, fill up either 4 1/2 qtrs or 4, (depedning on ur manual)

A. Dude... Seriously... that post just sounds condescending. I know HOW to do it, my wanting to do it has weened from having to do it myself on both my previous cars.

B. It's 3.7 quarts.

C. Haven't I explained a million times I just don't have the time or patience for it anymore? I enjoy my car, Don Ayres has always given me excellent service and I enjoy giving Honda my money because they built one hell of a reliable Si that I can call mine. I'm not spending thousands on repair bills, 18.69 isn't going to kill me every 3-4 months.

D. I get to drive it while I take it out to have it done.

Back