Gasoline availibility

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
How's gasoline availability in your area?

I just read something that mentioned poor availability of fuel on the eastern seaboard as a result of the storm.

I've been filling up every day after work just in case, and haven't had a problem at all.

Good for now, but usually the PNW gets killed whenever there is a shortage as we have some refineries and they like to take from here.

Everyone and their mother filled up before the storm. I was the only one at the gas station who was filling up.

You realize you're helping to drive up the price by filling up every day....

And, we've got plenty here :D

:shrug2:
no clue... i filled up a few days before the storm and a full tank generally lasts me 2 or 3 weeks (yay 3.8 mile commute!!)... based off of the way this tank is looking ill probably be able to tell you how the gas situation is around next Friday

but based on driving by the stations that i pass there seems to be no interruption or urgency to the fuel situation
all the stations are open with no lines at them

You do know the issue is because most gas stations are out of power and it's hard to get stuff in/out of those areas.....

Something like 80% of gas stations in NJ were out of power.

You realize you're helping to drive up the price by filling up every day....

And, we've got plenty here :D

That makes no sense.

2 gallons a day vs 14 gallons a week.

Hmmmm

If the gas station constantly looks busy, that gives the owner reason to increase prices. The only time this doesn't work is if there is a gas station across the street battling cent by cent.

If the gas station constantly looks busy, that gives the owner reason to increase prices. The only time this doesn't work is if there is a gas station across the street battling cent by cent.

Most gas station prices are not set by the owner but rather the company the owner holds the franchise with.

Only time what you said is true is if it's a mom and pop no name store, even than there's limits as to what it can and can't can't be sold for, just like cigs, and milk. It's illigal to sell it below a set price.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/business&id=8614682

I believe there's also a set price cap on the top end also. Unless its approved before hand........ Not 100% sure on that.
But the bottom end, without a doubt.

Last edited:
NJ is nuts. A lot of counties have enacted gas restrictions. How much you can buy, cans or cars, other crazy stuff. Today at noon most of the state is going to odd/even rationing. I need gas, luckily I'm odd.

But in the past few days it was common place to see gas lines. I've heard people waiting 3+ hours. Gas lines that are MILES long.

Last edited:
I was wondering how you guys were gunna be effected over there.

I dunno if its just me or not, but the news here seemed to make Sandy out to be a huge deal. Not saying it wasnt bad, but I was expecting something more like Katrina.

Any non-branded gas station around here can sell at whatever price they want.

Also, your link is from california......

Any non-branded gas station around here can sell at whatever price they want.

Also, your link is from california......

Not just a CA thing. There's state minimums for many items.

Mom and pop stores can control their prices as long as it never goes below the state minimum.

This doesn't make any sense.

Frequency as a pricing model?

it does...

some of the cheapest gas stations out here are basically across the street from each other. there are a few town nearby with this anomaly.

gas is cheaper here too. oil hit new 4 months lows at $88 too.

According to the stockmarket channel on xm radio, I don't know what channel my boss had on, if Romney gets elected gas will go down in price even more.

Back