Gasoline availibility

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was wondering how you guys were gunna be effected over there.

I dunno if its just me or not, but the news here seemed to make Sandy out to be a huge deal. Not saying it wasnt bad, but I was expecting something more like Katrina.
I mean, I didn't go down to Katrina and see, but around here, my neighborhood is fine. Other neighborhoods are GONE. Like nothing there, not even debris. Hell, Manoloking has 2 new inlets. The barrier islands in general are uninhabitable. It will take months, maybe even a year plus to get it even livable, let alone back to where it was.

Since this isn't a race issue, it isn't being covered all that much.

Katrina was much bigger but the main reason it was SUPER BIG is because of race issues.

My grandmothers house was leveled in MS

last thursday and friday things got a little crazy around here
i guess towards middletown ny and further south people were being ration'ed to 5 gallons at a time
people are coming north from NJ to get gas in NY
someone started a rumor that the fuel depot/docks in newburgh were out of gas and it started a little panic/gas pump frenzy
even in the little shit hole town my mom lives in there were lines of cars running down the sides of the street, come back a few hours later and everyone is gone
i guess there was some truth to the shortage because the coast guard was not allowing tankers or barges to pass through, at least that was the finger pointing i heard on the radio
and any increase in price will be reported to the state hotlines and the retailers need backup documentation that the wholesaler has increased the price or they will get their ass nailed to the wall for price gouging

there was a redcross crew that came in from jersey to a local lumber yard because they heard there was a shipment of gas cans that came in

he was being safe, he had lids AND only put 4 gallons in each bucket instead of 5, lmao
its definitely no where close to safe, but come on. he's trying to help his neighbors.
i hope i dont get arrested for using my blue diesel container as a gas can. :sarcasm:

i hope i dont get arrested for using my blue diesel container as a gas can. :sarcasm:

I get screamed at for doing that at some gas stations. I have a few metal 5gal surplus jerry cans that have been re-lined with epoxy that they scream at me about too, since they're painted OD Green.

If someone at the station gives me shit about it, I stop filling up, and tell them "Thank you, I'll be taking my business elsewhere from now on." Then I drive across the street to the next station and fill up there.

Did you know that transporting more than 10 gallons of fuel in gas cans falls into HAZMAT? You can get into serious trouble for moving HAZMAT without a license, and without notifying the DOT.

Move it across state lines for use within another state, and you've committed tax-evasion too.

Since this isn't a race issue, it isn't being covered all that much.

Katrina was much bigger but the main reason it was SUPER BIG is because of race issues.

My grandmothers house was leveled in MS

My sisters both volunteered in MS after Katrina. If I recall correctly, they actually got the brunt of the storm there, but New Orleans was below sea level and the levees broke. My sisters said MS people on the whole were so appreciative and were actually sending them away a lot saying, "Go help someone that is worse off then me".

My sisters both volunteered in MS after Katrina. If I recall correctly, they actually got the brunt of the storm there, but New Orleans was below sea level and the levees broke. My sisters said MS people on the whole were so appreciative and were actually sending them away a lot saying, "Go help someone that is worse off then me".

my ex went down there a few times... i heard a similar take on it from her
the pics she came back with were rather shocking... the town she was in got annihilated

And in the news MS was an after thought, NO was where it was at.

Bush hates black people.

I get screamed at for doing that at some gas stations. I have a few metal 5gal surplus jerry cans that have been re-lined with epoxy that they scream at me about too, since they're painted OD Green.

If someone at the station gives me shit about it, I stop filling up, and tell them "Thank you, I'll be taking my business elsewhere from now on." Then I drive across the street to the next station and fill up there.

Did you know that transporting more than 10 gallons of fuel in gas cans falls into HAZMAT? You can get into serious trouble for moving HAZMAT without a license, and without notifying the DOT.

Move it across state lines for use within another state, and you've committed tax-evasion too.

This is very true. NY, KY, OR and some others all have monthly taxes on gas purchased.

Wtf? The dude was safely transporting it in plastic containers that are liquid tight. They fucking stole the gas that he bought to help his neighbors. That kinda shit would have the people up here in an uproar, you guys just let cops slide on this shit? I put a 30 gallon poly drum in the back of a Cherokee and go fill it with fuel on the regular. The more I learn about the way shit works down there, the more thankful I am to leave in a somewhat free state.

yup. most of us are for one reason or another. Clearly, it's not safe.... and all hippie notions aside, i wouldn't want to get in an accident with 50 5-gallone pails of fuel protected only by a simple cover. It surely would pop off.... like a shoe on a bike wreck. fuel everywhere. firey inferno...

for what? to save a few bucks by not purchasing the proper container?

I went to go fill up a 1.25gal can on my little go-ped a while ago. The attendant gave me crap at the gas station closest to my house, so I went further down the road. That place was fine, and didn't say crap to me.

487673_3964912013743_1995669155_n.jpg

I've actually even filled up a 5-gal jerry can and transported it that way with no problems. A local cop gave me a thumbs up when he saw me filling it up.

So? Why can't we get back to a society where Darwinism still works? Nanny state, protect me from myself bullshit.

:thumbsup:
i generally consider you to be batshit crazy about many things... bu i agree with you on this

for what? to save a few bucks by not purchasing the proper container?
he was using buckets because everywhere around here is sold out of gas cans
when you cant find the right container you have to improvise
and those lids aren't exactly loose, especially when those plastic tabs aren't cut out
if you've ever tried to open a 5gal pail of driveway sealer you know they're a bitch when they're snapped on tight
but with all that said, i wouldn't want to ride in that van either

that picture cracks me up pickles
i think i would give you a thumbs up if i saw you riding down the side of the road too

The law isn't really to protect you.... it's to protect the environment/ozone from vapors. it's a carb/epa thing more than a nanny/big brother/protect you from yourself thing

Yeah poor mother nature needs our help, she can't take care of herself. Our blip in the timeline threatens eons of nature's existence...
The environment doesn't need to be protected. When we hurt it, it will hurt us right back until balance is restored. I say have at her, and let humanity balance back out.

Back