gates,hks,greddy timing belt(blue)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
searched all over but cant rlly find any reviews..
im going to be doing the timing belt in my sol..and was looking at getting a gates racing blue timing belt..just because ive read info on them and they say they are tested to be as strong if not stronger than oem..now gates,hks and greddy timing belts are all the same thing,made in the same factory and all..
now this kid i know told me hes seen alot of broken belts from them..but idk cuz hes kinda dumb lol

:shrug2: :locked:

I've used a Goodyear Gatorback belt successfully on a previous build- but I generally consider Goodyear Gatorbacks to be > just about everything else aftermarket on most belt applications too.

yes it would but im also getting an adjustable cam gear with the belt..and its a package deal..so overall would be cheaper

im running one (a greddy) on my setup. seems to be a solid belt, so far no problems here

Last edited:
i thought OEM honda belts were gates belts?

I do believe that gates makes the oem belts for honda as they manufacture most of the oem's timing belts, however there is a differance between regular gates belts and the gates racing belts. IMO go with the gates racing belt. I have one in my crx and I have been giving it hell for almost 2 years now and no complaints.

spoon will be waaay out of my budget for just a timing belt..so ive done some more research and yes gates does make oem timing belts..but the gates racing is supposed to be alot stronger..hold up to more rpms and higher temps..so ill be going gates..thanx for the input guys..

I have a gates. I have an extra.......... But for my h22. Its almost new. I just had to replace because of lenth issue. I never had a problem with my gates.

running a Gates Racing belt here.. only been about a year so far.. no problems though

My sleved motor had an OEM belt, the other 500WHP + cars at the shop that built my motor also used...... you guessed it, OEM belts.

Only thing I changed was the oil pump gear. In high HP cars they can be a weak link,outside of that, stock honda cranks, bearings, and belts = just fine. They had a 800WHP H22 with a stock crank, and I believe my old car with the 1.8 at 870-880WHP also had a stock crank.... and OEM timing belt lol.

Back