Gauge Cluster Swap Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icustomxxxi

Hi i have a '98 civic dx and i purchased a new guage cluster with a tach. I can install it fine i just need to swap the odometers. I called the dealership and they don't do it for me. All I need to know is how to get the speedometer needle off. I really don't want to break it by just pulling it off. I also have read stuff about a special tool. Can someone help me out?

Leave the odmeter alone. You will have to do a bunch of shit to make your car legal again if you put in a different odometer. Fucking with the needles will cause them not to work right, if at all.

he needs to remove the odometer and put it on the new speedo' so his car stays legal. he needs to find something to pry from the CENTER because if you don't pull straight up thats when you start braking stuff.

if the odo is only a little bit behind your old mileage, just make sure you drive it over your old mileage before inspection. As stated earlier, it is usually not wise to fuck with the needles.

Back