Gauge Cluster Swaping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uppertorso

I have a 1996 civic CX, I would like to have the tach on my gauge cluster so that it looks stock. I checked with my Honda dealer you can actually purchase the tach and the fuel/engine temp guages seperately. Can I just install these into my cluster, and will they work??? Or do I have to purchase a new cluster??? Or do i need a new printed circuit as well as the new gauges??? :blink:

Just wondering if anyone has tried this in the past.

Because buying a complete cluster with a tach in it is fucking expensive on ebay, and none of my local wrecking yards have a cluster for me.

Thanks for any input in advance. :D

It is easier to buy the whole cluster and swap out the speedometer to make it legal and all. I have a link to do it yourself if you want it.

I am asking if you can install a tach on my current cluster, therefore not changing
my speedo. You can purchase the tach seperately, but is the printed circuit on the back the same???? Can i plug and play????

I don't think you can, you would need the circuit board thing on the back and a bunch of other little things.

It wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Swap the cluster and consult the local DMV about how to get the milage legal again.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 2 2004, 08:05 AM
Swap the cluster and consult the local DMV about how to get the milage legal again.
[post=425023]Quoted post[/post]​

your local dealerships can do this .. match the speedo to the engines mileage (for a fee of course) just keep documentation and your straight

Back