Gauge Pod options...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LOS222

I'm going to be installing a turbo on my car soon and will be getting a gauge pod pillar w/ three holes. I am going to put in a boost gauge and an oil pressure gauge but, what should I do with the third one?

Here are the options: Air/Fuel, Volt, Oil Temp, Water Temp, or Vacum

Which one sould I go with and why?

Originally posted by LOS222@Aug 11 2005, 04:40 AM
I'm going to be installing a turbo on my car soon and will be getting a gauge pod pillar w/ three holes. I am going to put in a boost gauge and an oil pressure gauge but, what should I do with the third one?

Here are the options: Air/Fuel, Volt, Oil Temp, Water Temp, or Vacum

Which one sould I go with and why?
[post=538752]Quoted post[/post]​

most boost gauges have vacuum on it, so that rules that gauge out, oil temp you will need to tap the oil pan again (or buy the moroso pan with oil temp bung) u basically have a water temp on your cluster that works just as well (no numerical reading) and air/fuel made by autometer are really just a fancy led light show. this is the same problem i ran into when i boosted my car, i couldnt fill that last hole, my honest suggestion for what to buy is between 2 gauges and here they are

AEM UEGO Wideband Gauge

(not sure of the manufacturer) The E-Boost Controller, Basically a boost controller in the shape of a gauge and it mounts in the pod.

These two items arent as cheap as the stand autometer gauges would be. but they will be of more use in my opinion

3 needed sensors for turbos (my opinion, of course):

boost, oil pressure, egt

everything else is optional as far as GAUGES go.

i HIGHLY recommend a wideband, like the LM-1 as well.

Back