Gauge swap... legal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MasterChief925

Tuner In Training (Tit?)
Greetings, folks. I will soon be the proud owner of a 98 civic DX hatch, which is bone stock engine-wise and has upgraded suspensions and wheels. Long story short, I'm already starting to plan out what I want to do with it, which would preferably include a JDM CTR gauge cluster. I know its possible as far as technical issues, but would i get popped for it if inspected? My main concern is the odometer, which im pretty sure is a no-no to change, especially here in CA. Would it be possible to take the odometer assembly out of the current cluster and put just that into the new one? Or should I not bother?

Thanks in advance for the help.

alright then, if you say so. Obviously im gonna do a little more homework on the whole situation as the time draws nearer to actually source/install the cluster. I read on another thread that the DX is still pre-wired for a tach, even if it doesnt com with one. This will make my life much easier. Thank you, Honda.

Back