gauge swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black98Beast

I've got a 99 civic DX hatch and it didn't come w/ a tachometer. I would like one. Can I just go to the junkyard and get a different gauge face or what? I don't really want the huge 5 inch tach that u mount on the dash.
What can i do?

Thanks
Matt

Well here is how you swap out the 6th gen cluster here.

Or look into maybe an itr cluster or gsr cluster in the 5th gen here.

And here are the pinouts for the 5th and 6th gen cluster swaps here.

Thank me later :D

And to the question about the jdm cluster... In japan they use km/h not mph. So you will only find the jdm cluster in km/h. If you want to stick with the 5th gen clusters then go with an si cluster for a 92-95. It goes to 9k on the tach.

Awesome, thanks so much, last questoin, if I buy a gauge cluster say out of the junkyard car, how do i keep my original miles? Because i dont want it to say 150k when I really only have 80k.

Thanks
matt

Well if you are using the same generation guage cluster then you can unscrew the speedo from your old cluster and put it in the new one if the faces match up... I know like all 5th gens match up but 6th gens i am not sure of. But there are shops or places that can do it legally(rolling back your odometer). But there are ways u can do it yourself but i dont recommend them at all. Breaking the law is not cool.

Back