1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gauges are off

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by bibicarlos, Jan 25, 2005.

1. bibicarlos

bibicarlos Junior Member

i was wondering if there was a way for me to fix my gauges.
    first the speedometer is 10 miles to fast and my rpms are not accurate at all. i have a 92 civic hb dx with a jdm d15b vtec and a p28 ecu the gauges were switched i beleive, i maybe wrong but i think that the dx's did not come with an rpm gauge and mine has one so i the person i bought it from swapped it but the gauges are off and i was wondering how i can fix this. thanks

2. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

do you have stock wheels?

3. bibicarlos

bibicarlos Junior Member

i think they are either 15 or 16 inch steelies.

4. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

what series tire on your 15 or 16 inch rim? also if you wanna fix it... drive next to a buddy and call him on his phone and see what speen he is going and put the needle back on the spee. But i dont recommend doing this if you are not prepared to phuck up once or twice.

5. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

the dx did not come with the tach, but it is was swaped with a jdm or an usdm si guage cluster, either one should work just fine. mine works just great, execpt that i have the stock 13" steelies, which will cause a mph readout error, but its only about 3 mph. if you have an after market tach, then its the wiring. but i would check your tire size. good luck

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted