Gauges for turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Okay I'm about to order my Boost / Oil pressure gauge, I was going to get one more, which is more important, the A/F gauge or the water temp?

Also cheapest places around to order these from?

You should be fine with the boost/vac gauge and oil pressure gauge. I am only running a boost/vac gauge right now. My wideband o2 should be here anyday. If I was going to get another gauge it would probably be an EGT so I would know when I am getting on it too hard.

So w/ gauges do I get what I pay for or are they pretty much the same readings?

Electrical > Mechanical?

Stuff I should look out for?

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 17 2004, 02:29 PM
So w/ gauges do I get what I pay for or are they pretty much the same readings?

Electrical > Mechanical?

Stuff I should look out for?

Mechanical will always be more accurate the electrical.

boost- mechanical

anything that passes fluid- go electric.
you don't want to run oil water and all that into your interior. a loose fitting can make a huge mess in your cockpit.

if you run an electric oil press, make sure you do not mount the sender on the block with a "T". mount it on the firewall or somewhere else.

as far as gauge selection goes....in my own car, i glance at a boost and wideband when im running it. i rely on my EMS to prevent engine damage from overboosting, overtemp, overrev, etc. its hard to look at gauges and keep a slightly mod'd turbo car on the road :ph34r:

thats why i got greddy's warning meters that light up stupiod bright when they extend out of its set "good" range.

but, at 225 a pop, ist far from a budget guage

I just picked up the Autometer Phantom Series ( Boost , A/F , Oil Pressure ) for 180..

Now I need a triple gauge pod I was going to order at my local motorsport store but they wanted like 70 dollars, Isn't there somewhere online I can pick one up for a reasonable price?

Back