gauges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont care if your car is fast, you're still a ricer :D

LOL, thanks for informin me about my ricer stlye, one of these days, I'll just buy some Jdm tails. Maybe I hould stick a big wing on there and a type r sticker, im sure it'll add a good 50 hp (j/k)

Man I can't wait to get kicked off this site, Pissoffsol, you seem to think you know everything but after seeing all the crap you have done and all the stuff you say, its obvious you just beleive about everything you hear and change your mind all the time, luckily for you there are a lot of followers on this site who are as dumb as you so they beleive everything you say and worship you, it sure is a shame you can't use this site to actually help people when they ask a question, all you do is dawg everyone when all they need is a little help, and you're always picking on kids just becuase they add something they think looks nice to there car, well thats just stupid, each person should do his own thing, it they like making there car look nice why does that make them any less of a man than you. I don't want to sound like a dick but everyone has to start somewhere and so it just pisses me off to see the people who are just trying to learn more get put down by you people who think you know everything, cars are about fun, or atleast they are to me, I don't see why you can't just help when they ask a question, instead of mocking people who are trying to learn more so they can understand more about cars. I apologize for being rude but this whole web site everyone just seems to pick on people just to try and show they know more than everyone else which doesn't help anyone, and most of the stuff on this site is just opinions, not facts. Let the racers be racers, and the ricers be ricers, and when one asks the other a question, try and help them learn rather than degrade them for seeking more info from people who have more knowledge on the subject! Peace out!

If you were just acknowledging everyone about me, my car came with altezzas, I've gotten help form many people on this site, it's all about the question, if some asks if they should put altezzas on their car, then the people who think altezzas look good are gonna say do it, while people like pissedoff is gonna say that they are a ricer. It's all just opinions. Like if I said I wanted to put a greddy turbo kit (i'm not) on my stock dx, people are gonna bag on me and tell me to start with a swap. All in all they are helpin in their own sort of way. like if pissedoff put altezzas on his del sol then im sure mad people would tell him to take it off. I also agree altezzas don't belong on fast cars.

I don't see your point. I ask a question to get answers... If everyone had the same ideas about how their car should look and perform, their wouldn't be a discussion group. If you notice this site is not called "pissedoffsolswap.com" It's called Hondaswap.com.
As for this group they have helped me out tremendously... I have asked many questions and gotten many helpful answers. Everyone has supported my ideas, and helped me by giving theirs.
As for ripping on pissedoffsol: he has been just as helpful, as anyone else. I have had many questions, and he, or no one for that matter, has never "dawg" ed" on me. Usually when some one "puts you down" they are serious, here they put up the smilie faces to let you know they are sarcastic.
By the way, I don't like you Sprocker! Any one could recognise that this is a helpful site, or else we wouldn't be here.
it just pisses me off to see the people who are just trying to learn more get put down by you people who think you know everything
That must be why you have never replied to any of my posts, (except for this thread jacking)you don't want to put me down by giving advice, or you don't know anything!
cars are about fun, or atleast they are to me
doesn't sound like it tonight.
I don't see why you can't just help when they ask a question
Once again, have you ever helped me?
this whole web site everyone just seems to pick on people just to try and show they know more than everyone else which doesn't help anyone
who has this reply helped? not me, nor anyone else.

You can now shove your "peace out".

O if your just dawgin pissedoffsol then I really don't have a say in it, If your asking why I didn't answer any of your threads,it's probably cause I either didn't know or wasn't interested in the title therefor not reading it. i think pissedoff has helped plenty of people, even me a couple times, but you can't always expect the answer you want. and I just reread the whole thread, what has gotten into you man, you just started buggin for no reason at all

NO I haven't helped you probably becuase I admit I don't know everything, but when I see a newbie ask something simple like how to chancge a filter or something, I would tell them how to do it, if you disagree with me look all over the site, when people ask questions like this, do they get answers not usually, becuase certain people just mock them for asking and then no one ever answers it. The only reason I even said anything is becuase I have see a lot of questions asked and kids made fun of for asking when in all reality if its being asked then obviously its a good question and I am sure there are lots of people looking for the answer but are afraid to ask after seeing what kids get treated like! And I admit I have asked dumb questions, and I am sure you all have to, thats all I was trying to say, and I apologize to Pissedoffsol, he didn't deserve to be pointed at, I just know everyone on here knows who he is, and yes he does help a lot of people, all I was trying to do is say we should help people when we can, no matter how dumb we think the question is, becuase we all started somewhere, maybe you all knew everything but I didn't and reading web sites like this helped me a lot, but I have seen a lot of people ask simple stuff and get dawged and never ask a question again becuase they don't want to feel stupid again, and if the question is being asked by one person I bet there are other people who want to know the answer too. So Sorry Pissedoffsol and everyone else if I affended any of you, I just feel like there are no stupid questions, everyone needs help from time to time even on the easy stuff so rather than mock them, we should help them learn so they can turn around and help other people. Sorry again, I just got frustrated after reading about 10 posts where everyone just made the people asking the question look dumb for even asking.

Sorry also for the thread jacking, I was trying to stick up for you becuase you don't deserve to be put down, as for me not knowing anything, I don't claim to be the smartest but I have done more to the engine of my car than almost anyone on this site and I have done it almost all on my own with a few friends, I wish I had the time to check out this site more often and help people but I work hard to be able to do the things to my car I want to do but I would be happy to always help anyone on here I can, I feel really bad for pointing fingers at anyone so I want to say sorry again, I just don't see the point in making fun of the people who need the most help!

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 16 2003, 06:11 PM
Umm, most guages are the same, if they do the same thing accurately, then you don't need a name brand. All your doing is paying for the name.

quite true, but i highly doubt the accuracy and reliabliity of APC gauges (what is the world coming to) and other crap from Pepboys.

No I was just trying to apologize so please accept that and help people when you can instead of mocking them, I didn't mean to be a jerk I was just pissed becuase there are so many good people asking questions and getting made fun of instead of help and I just think we could all help eacgh other more if we quit trying to show off what we know and just answer the question, and I agree you are not always going to get the answer you want but any answer is better than just saying its a stupid question and not worth answering or telling them things like do a swap first or something, which is a great suggestion but you could still help with their question, if you disagree still look around the site, everyone I know on here, even some of the mods have told me they feel the same way. Its great to express your opinion and give suggestions but if the question is asked how to do something, then tell them how to do it and then give suggestions, don't just ignore the questionj to tell them to do something else, sorry again I am trying apologize but just help out the site by pointing out the obvious.

Originally posted by Sprocker@Oct 27 2003, 02:07 PM
but I have done more to the engine of my car than almost anyone on this site

Yep

Heard you were doing the H23/VTEC. How long is Dennis going to work on that? I see your car parked everyday.

Sidepoint; how many people actually tune there cars based exactly on what an Autometer gauge says? Not too many people that I know of. They're good for a generally accurate reading, but nothing definate.
BTW, just buy an Autogage and save yourself some money instead of going for the name.

about pro-drivers using autometer gauges, i think its because of availability and price. most of the racers dont want to go out there and buy one of those thousand dollar digital displays(like that MoTec ADL, which has datalogging feature) or want to look around for some other "rare" gauges.

No problems sprocker, just thought that someone was trying to put down this site. I realize that everyone has different opinions, but I have gotten tons of help here that I wouldn't have gotten any where else. Just trying to stick up for all of those that have helped me!

Sprocker- relax.

I don't give a shit if he or you runs altezzas. i don't care if you have a 700 whp turbo motor.

altezzas are still rice, are ugly, and i will make fun of anyone, including my own mother if she were to put them on her Lumina, who puts them on their car.

Have i ragged on 1 person about an air filter that you bring up? no. find me one link to prove me otherwise. until then, kindly place your foot in your own mouth for talking shit without proof.

That is all.

***92civic, don't post stupid posts that don't add anything***

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2003, 12:25 AM
autometers suck. get some real gauges... greddy, apexi, or if your loaded, Defi.

EGT, boost, and oil pressure are the min. if you ask me....

the avcr might be overkill for you, but works well.

im still a newbie to the turbo world but...wouldnt an air/fuel ratio gauge be needed as a minimum also? im almost done gettin my crx ls completed on 10psi with a maxrev kit, blockguard, 255 lph wolbro, 550cc injectors, and hondata...all i got was an a/f ratio, egt, and boost gauges...do you think i should get an oil pressure gauge added to the mix too? or is it not that serious? thanks a mill

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 17 2003, 12:45 AM
they are the 2nd most inaccurate gauges next to sun pro. end of story.

Prove it. Links to professioinally done tests and reviews saying that Autometer gauges suck? I'm talking about the testing of more than one gauge, too.

As for the boost gauges being off, were they liquid filled? I bet they were. Oh sure, to prove your point, you'll say they weren't though. Let's see a picture of being 10 in Hg off with the keys out of the ignition.

B, I have experience with close to 40 Autometer gauges, and with the exception of one bad AFG gauge, which they replaced, they all work as designed, and when comparing their readings to factory service manual specs (oil pressure at a certain RPM or coolant temp when the fan comes on), they're with 1% of being right on. Consistantly.

Spending $225 for a gauge is fucking retarded. It only proves to me that you think that if it's expensive as fuck, it must be good. Well guess what? An H2 is a $60,000 piece of shit, but by your logic, it'd be damn close to being the best fucking SUV ever made!

B, you're a great guy, in person and online, and are doing a great job with this site, but Jesus H. fucking Christ, you post some flat out WRONG info some times...

Originally posted by Prowler@Oct 27 2003, 02:38 PM

Sidepoint; how many people actually tune there cars based exactly on what an Autometer gauge says?

I wouldn't tune a car based on what ANY gauge told me! I'd be using a multi-thousand dollar wideband O2 sensor system and whatever the programmable ECU was telling me. For the most part, gauges in the car are there to give you a heads up when shit seriously goes wrong. The best gauge you'll ever have for real world performance is your ass and your ears.

Back