Gave Up On Wire Problem, $200 For Doing It

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hi guys, thanks for all of your helps. Unfortunately, the wirring problem for droping a 98 JDM B18C GSR into my 96 civic CX hatcback prove to be too much for me. I have already taken everyting out, and now dropping the B18C motor in, all is left is the damn wire harness problem. My cousins, they had done swaps before, but only for 92-95 civic and now they have no clues whatsoever to do my since my is a 96 civic and the stock wire from the ECU wont plug into those came with the motor. So, here is the deal, if you live close by and know how to do this swap I will pay you $200 bucks just for doing this wireharness thing for me since I have already put $3500 into my motor and a $1000 for aftermarket parts, clutch, intake, header, and spring, and I still have $800 left, so what the help why not following through and get the car running. if you live nearby and wanna help, just give me a call on my cell (612) 396-3587. or email me at All_tracboy@hotmail.com or reply to post but since I will be going home this weekend, i will not view this post until i come back up to school. thanks.

I'm telling again you need to go out and buy a 96-98 civic ex harness, it will plug right up to most of the motor and into the ecu, its a full harness from the ecu all throughout the engine bay unlike the teg harness. Get that harness and you will only need to run a few wires.

Thanks Baker, I will hit the Junkyard once I get down to the cities, its two hours drive. I can pulled out the engine and put it back in, all left is the wire harness. I would rather pay someone to do it, but I will try. Okay, in the mean time I am looking for someone to do it for me, I will try it myself. So, the wireharness came with the motor is useless???? I dont need it right, just the EX wireharness and most of the plugs should fit the GSR motor? thanks

yep, you might have to use a few of the plugs from the gsr harness but it really won't be to bad

You can acutally use your cx harness. If you do, then you would have to relocate all of the plugs that goes into the throttle body(extend them a little). Rewire vtec solenoid, vtec oil press, and the knock senor and maybe the secondary runner sensor(intake) to the sub harness plugs in the engine bay to the right wire. Use the plug connector from your jdm harness cuz you won't need the harness, its right hand drive, you need left hand drive. Save the harness, good for spare sensor plugs and extra wire if needed.

If you need a better idea, check out Impor Tuner's May 03 issue about the Max Boost project build. They just did the swap to a 96 dx hatch. :D

Originally posted by noobvang@May 2 2003, 02:36 AM
You can acutally use your cx harness. If you do, then you would have to relocate all of the plugs that goes into the throttle body(extend them a little). Rewire vtec solenoid, vtec oil press, and the knock senor and maybe the secondary runner sensor(intake) to the sub harness plugs in the engine bay to the right wire. Use the plug connector from your jdm harness cuz you won't need the harness, its right hand drive, you need left hand drive. Save the harness, good for spare sensor plugs and extra wire if needed.

If you need a better idea, check out Impor Tuner's May 03 issue about the Max Boost project build. They just did the swap to a 96 dx hatch. :D

yeah, thats dumb, get the ex harness and save a lot of bs

Originally posted by Baker@May 2 2003, 03:46 AM
yeah, thats dumb, get the ex harness and save a lot of bs

No it's not. EX harnesses are not free or easy to come by. Using the stock harness is smart. YOU may not be able to mod it, but it's not hard or dumb, it just takes someone to show you how, or electrical experience and a wiring diagram.

Back