1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by reckedracing, Nov 4, 2009.

1. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

maybe people should get the hint here...

Defeat in Maine a harsh blow to gay-marriage drive - Yahoo! News

2. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

i don't see the big deal. if someone is in a committed lifetime marriage, they shoudl have legal rights. i don't care about all the other shit, but it's the little stuff. if one is in a car accident, a spouse of 25 years has no legal right to even be in the hospital. family only. it's not right.

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

give them equal rights. sucks our society is built on hate for race or sexual orientation.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i dont support gay marriage, but at the same time i could really care less if they get married or not

5. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

i don't support the term "marriage", but i support them having some rights.

hell, if my best friend since 3rd grade was in a car accident, i would want to be able to go to the hospital and help his family out.

6. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

i dont support gay marriage but since everything else that used to be sacred has been shit on already.......

i dont give a fuck what they do.

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:werd:

I'm really not a big supporter of gay marriage myself (in that it's equal to a marriage between a man and a woman), but it I do believe that it is quite unfair that gay couples can't get the same legal protections as married straight couples. Just give them their marriages or "civil unions" or whatever so that they can have those rights...

8. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

the way i see it. You give an inch, they take a mile.

This is how this society is so fucked up. One person decides to allow something risque and all of a sudden everyone jumps on the bandwagon asking for the same favors.

example. since gays are no longer afraid to 'come out' it has then turned into homo heaven. you got people who arent gay experimenting, wanting to be gay. Then you got gay shows. It might seem ok but i sure as hell wouldnt want my child flipping the channels and watch 2 homos making out.

Not only that but because we are no so accepting, many feel they can do whatever the hell they want! In a way the can. If you got something to say about it your either going to get sued,put in jail or just plain lose your job. All because the person was 'gay'. I understand there are gays that get treated unfairly in there work are but cmon. most of them a big cry babies with nothing better to do than start drama.

if we allow gay marriage. We are going to have to allow trannies to do it as well. Then if we do that we will have to allow marriage with animals. see a pattern? Why cant they just be happy with being allowed to show off in public. they are 2 dudes for crying out loud.,or 2 women :p

wow i cant help i just typed all this.....

9. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I support the equal rights aspect of it but as far as it being considered Marriage I really dont see how that can fly. Marriage has been between a man and a woman for how long??? Ahh thats right since the dawn of time. The other complaint I have is legislation that demands equality when getting together but being able to side step the process of breaking up or divorcing mainly the fiscal implications of splitting up.

10. raikjdm

raikjdm New Member

:confused:And how does this relate to gay marriage? Sorry if I read it wrong.

11. TurboMirage

the way i see it we are all human. we're all pink in the middle. we all bleed the same. who cares what ones sexual orientation is?

seperation of church and state. the gov't should not be able to control these things. homosexuality is accepted in most other countries.

you assholes kill me sometimes. you'll cheer for two women doing the dirty, then you see two men and instantly your asscheeks are tighter than a jews wallet.

get the fuck over it.

12. chestercheeto48

chestercheeto48 Senior Member VIP

Really you can't be serious.......You are jumping from two humans making a conscious choice to commit to one another for life to a human marrying an animal?

Depending on the situation "trannies" can leagally marry right now if they so choose.

13. TurboMirage

this is true, male/female role reversal still fits the bill for legal marraige.

14. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

i support gay marriage.
    i fully believe that if any two people want to be wed, then they should have the full right to do it.
    people are people no matter the sexual orientation.

taco, once upon a time you would not have been able to marry your beautiful wife, because you arent white.
    how the hell would that make you feel?

the problem here is that this whole argument about gays getting married is based off the bible. its not right in the eyes of god, says a lot for a country thats supposed to be founded on religious freedom and a non biased government.

the argument that lawmakers use is this:
    When the framers of the constitution defined marriage, it was a joining of man and woman, not same sex.

but, if they use that argument, i would like to present that at the time of the constitution being writ, marriage was defined as a WHITE man and WHITE woman, and BLACK man with BLACK woman.

interracial relationships were not allowed then.
    marriage was not an option

Because it just wasnt right.

what makes this any different than that?
    why should different races be able to wed, and have children, and do everything else, but two people of the same sex cant?

its simple prejudice, and shows how many people in the country stick their foul noses where it does not belong.

nobody has any right to tell a stranger who they are allowed to be attracted to.

15. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

because it's a best friend of 20 years. it's a stupid rule that only family can have benefits like that. i would want to help out my best friend. if i was gay, i would want to help out too.

16. chestercheeto48

chestercheeto48 Senior Member VIP

I agree - I still cannot believe how much hatred is out there largely do to simple ignorance. I really pains me to see my gay friends go through hardships simply because people are to blinded by stupidity look past the insignificant outside and realize that people are people when the day is done. Really would it hurt this country to have gays be married/in a civil union? I don't think so especially when the divorce rate is roughly 50% in this country. Hell we might even learn a thing or two.

17. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i dont see what the big deal is with allowing gay marriage... all it is is a contractual agreement between two parties... thats it... if gays are not allow to marry, why not keep them from signing into any form of contract???

i am all for churches sticking to their policies and i support them if they do not want to allow it... churches and religions are essentially private clubs, and have the right to enforce their own rules upon their members, so long as those members are free to leave the group if they so choose

now as far as the "sacredness" of marriage... thats a bullshit argument... people do not need a church to get married... most of my friends that are married have been married by JPs outside of any religious organization... it is a state sponsored legal contract (by the power vested in me by the state of ____.... )... nothing "sacred" about it other than to the parties involved

18. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

taco im not attacking you with this, please do not take it that way... i simply want to use what you said to illustrate a point

feel free to insert any desired race or religion and the appropriate slurs to that statement :
    hispanics / spics
    asians / gooks
    jews / kikes
    etc
    etc
    etc

they are people... they are in love... they want to get married... what difference does it make in your life if they do???

personally im not into blonds... but im not going to tell you your wrong for marrying mrs taco

please dont take offense to any of that taco... i still love you :wub:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  19. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

You realize most of the problems we face are due to religion....they should outlaw religion and the world would be fine

20. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

i would rather see ignorance outlawed. with the death penalty as punishment. ^_^

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted