1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay problem

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 88ZC4dr, Sep 1, 2006.

1. 88ZC4dr

88ZC4dr New Member

Rundown.

88 civic DOHC ZC 5spd.
    it wasnt running right for a while, then it seemed to be doing fine so i ventured beyond the driveway. i got about 100 feet and noticed it didnt have any power. then about after 1/4 of a mile it started blowing hard white/grey smoke out of the back, and then stalled. it wouldnt start back up, then i towed it back home, it would start, fire for about 2 seconds, then die again. i went to work, and came back home, changed the oil and now it will crank and crank until the battery dies. it will fire once and a while while it is cranking, but wont turn over.and just to add in the car lost about an 1/8th of a tank on a 1/4 mile drive. i can also smell gas when around the car :eek: any suggestions? btw the distributor, plugs, and wires have all been replaced recently.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  2. KidGusto

KidGusto Junior Member

I dont know about the gas smell but it sounds like you blew a head gasket and theres probably water in your engine.

3. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

whats the chances you gave the injectors 12v constant?
    1/8 tank in 1/4 mile is not good

start with a compression test, if compression is low then do a leak down test to find out what part of the motor you destroyed...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted