GC spring rate suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericL

What F/R spring rates for ground controls should I look at for an EJ that will be used for street and some autocross (Harsh ride on the street is fine so long as it is not damaging). I have illuminas but will be getting koni's shortly. Thanks!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 1 2004, 10:34 PM
800/600 is a good combo.
[post=371262]Quoted post[/post]​

800/600 wtf? Well, letting us know the application is a good start, but 800/600 is WAY to high for Illuminas, even for off the shelf Konis that is way too much spring rate, and the car will still be understeer biased B)

if you want the car to rotate on the auto x, try something like a 450/500. get a big front anti roll bar to tame that on the street, then unbolt it for the autox.

what are the rates on the stock ground controls just outta curiosity...

don't know.

But I have 450/350 and they are a bit soft. I only have tokico blues though, so any more and I'm sure they would all be blown by now.

What would be the upper limit for spring rates for the tokicos as well as koni yellows so that they don't blow?

off the shel koni's yellows max out at around 500-550. B, those spring rates are crazy agressive.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 3 2004, 05:42 PM
:shrug2: if you think so...
i tink it will amtch koni's well.
[post=372138]Quoted post[/post]​

I KNOW so, Tokicos max spring rate is 500 and it handles that rate liek shit, Konis will hanle 550s just fine off the shelf.

Back