general bs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's sexist and I resent that. I care about the money because I need it to survive. I'm not a gold digger and I don't take advantage of guys' money intentionally. If I want something, I'm going to work for it. I've made the mistake of going the easy way a few times, and am not doing that anymore. So, maybe you need to do a little growing up, because that's a blanket punishment and actually a really immature thing to say.

Get over myself? It's not like I'm being conceited.

Besides, why does everyone think I'm flipping out when I say things seriously? There was no "lol" or "jk" or anything, so that's not what it sounded like, to me anyway. I'm just making a statement. If I was super pissed, I'd be swearing and stuff.

Here shows the true feelings inside every woman. If she says otherwise then she's lying through her teeth.

As funny as that kinda is, I care about money too. I hate not having more, and it makes me feel like I can't go and accomplish anything to make more because of the risks. "Spend money to make money" as the old addage goes, but what isn't said is the risks in losing what you already have. I can't afford to take a minute off work for any sort of schooling so that limits my options.

I had money issues with my now ex. I explained it to her as the "haves" and "have nots", in which the "haves" can never understand the woes of the "have nots." She came from money and her spending habbits and outlook on money was always a tough pill to swallow.

She, along with quite a few other girls in my past, helped change my views on money. Her rationale was that money could not be taken with you and there's not point in making money if you aren't able to enjoy it.

I'm not swimming in cash, but I'm 22 with a small student loan to pay off and few expenses. I have enough money to be comfortable and save about $20k towards a house and retirement this year. I'm still going to buy the car that I want and I'm still going to do the things that I want, I'm sick of looking at every single penny coming in and every single penny going out. I won't be wreckless with my expenses, I don't think I ever could be, but I didn't want to have to cringe everytime I spend money.

As funny as that kinda is, I care about money too. I hate not having more, and it makes me feel like I can't go and accomplish anything to make more because of the risks. "Spend money to make money" as the old addage goes, but what isn't said is the risks in losing what you already have. I can't afford to take a minute off work for any sort of schooling so that limits my options.

"Spend money to make money" is more applicable in the business sense, although it still applies in the personal finance arena.

The addage that you need to learn right now is, "To become a millionaire you don't spend like a millionaire, you save like one."

meh. I don't need to be a millionaire. I'd be happ(ier) with an extra 1000 a month.

Last edited:

She, along with quite a few other girls in my past, helped change my views on money. Her rationale was that money could not be taken with you and there's not point in making money if you aren't able to enjoy it.

I'm not swimming in cash, but I'm 22 with a small student loan to pay off and few expenses. I have enough money to be comfortable and save about $20k towards a house and retirement this year. I'm still going to buy the car that I want and I'm still going to do the things that I want, I'm sick of looking at every single penny coming in and every single penny going out. I won't be wreckless with my expenses, I don't think I ever could be, but I didn't want to have to cringe everytime I spend money.

I get this completely. My girlfriend now has enough money to get by. She doesn't have cash, but she sells stock to pay bills. She takes incredible care of me and has me dressed in 7's and lacoste. Only problem is, I can't reciprocate this.

I moved south to seattle this week so I can make money and hopefully be able to do that when we're together. I clear about a grand a week not working evenings/weekends so I think things will turn around, especially since I will be doing those soon. But its been hard not working, and going to school full time all summer. My only gripe is we eat at very nice restaurants often when we're together. It is expensive. She pays, often, and I'd like to be able to contribute more than I do. In exchange I try to do things like wash her cadi and help cook when we do, clean her clubs when we play golf, etc.

Back