Generic Auto Zone Intake: I like it so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

I bought one of those chromish tubes and a cone filter from AZ the other day, installed it on the EG. I really like it so far. It turned the sound of the engine from a trebbley sound to a more bassey sound. It's got a nice growl/roar to it that it didn't have with the factory airbox. Also, tonite when I was at Jewel jiggling the speedo wire to get it to work again, I heard the coolest sound coming from the filter. It was like a "whooooooo" kinda sound. Sounded cool. Anyway, I can't really tell if I got any horsepower from this intake, because when I first was driving it with it on there, I was so jazzed about the new sound of the car I couldn't remember what it was like power wise with the factory box. For about $60 for both pieces, I'm pretty satisfied. Eventually I'm gonna probably get that kickass Password Carbon Intake, but for now this will do fine I think.

your ricer, no intake is a good intake, you nee dcharge pipes.

yo bro, i got a intook.... i gots 40 hps yo. go han gyourself

ricer or not, or if his intake works good or not, you cant say no intake is good. im using the same intake setup that mike (calesta) saw huge gains with. 5hp up top and even bigger midrange gains. believe it or not, some intakes are good. just cause you cream your pants over turbo setups doesnt mean everyone does. if hes happy with what hes got leave him be.

heres mikes gains from this intake alone:
dyno_jeff_intake_med.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
I bought one of those chromish tubes and a cone filter from AZ the other day, installed it on the EG. I really like it so far. It turned the sound of the engine from a trebbley sound to a more bassey sound. It's got a nice growl/roar to it that it didn't have with the factory airbox. Also, tonite when I was at Jewel jiggling the speedo wire to get it to work again, I heard the coolest sound coming from the filter. It was like a "whooooooo" kinda sound. Sounded cool. Anyway, I can't really tell if I got any horsepower from this intake, because when I first was driving it with it on there, I was so jazzed about the new sound of the car I couldn't remember what it was like power wise with the factory box. For about $60 for both pieces, I'm pretty satisfied. Eventually I'm gonna probably get that kickass Password Carbon Intake, but for now this will do fine I think.

You're a douchebag

Quoted post[/post]]

You're an even bigger douchebag.

Quoted post[/post]]
ricer or not, or if his intake works good or not, you cant say no intake is good. im using the same intake setup that mike (calesta) saw huge gains with. 5hp up top and even bigger midrange gains. believe it or not, some intakes are good. just cause you cream your pants over turbo setups doesnt mean everyone does. if hes happy with what hes got leave him be.

heres mikes gains from this intake alone:
dyno_jeff_intake_med.jpg

Which intake was that dude?

Quoted post[/post]]

so anyone who buys an intake is a ricer....and where did he say he got 40hp yo....you need to go hang yourself

Quoted post[/post]]
ricer or not, or if his intake works good or not, you cant say no intake is good. im using the same intake setup that mike (calesta) saw huge gains with. 5hp up top and even bigger midrange gains.

The password JDM intake makes gains of 6.5 WHP and 7.4 FTQ on a B16A2.

Click Here

The only intake I've seen that gains more hp is a AEM V2 on a RSX, it gained around 20 on the dyno. But K and B series are apples and oranges.

I like my generic intake also. Word of warning though. The cheap filters break after a while. I now use a K&N.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
ricer or not, or if his intake works good or not, you cant say no intake is good. im using the same intake setup that mike (calesta) saw huge gains with. 5hp up top and even bigger midrange gains.

Click Here

The only intake I've seen that gains more hp is a AEM V2 on a RSX, it gained around 20 on the dyno. But K and B series are apples and oranges.

Never believe the manufacturer's HP claims about their intakes. Your car and my car wont see that much of a boost in power.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Click Here

haha according to that my 160 hp 111 ft lbs torque b16 makes 150.1hp and 109.4 ft lbs to the wheels.

um... no.

Let's not believe everything we read. :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Click Here

haha according to that my 160 hp 111 ft lbs torque b16 makes 150.1hp and 109.4 ft lbs to the wheels.

um... no.

Let's not believe everything we read. :thumbsup:

thats witha dc header and 2.5 in catback...so its possible...every car is diff. and reacts diff. to upgrades

well goddamn I need to get my header on then.

I love my ex mag, but i'm trying to sell my car now, i might just part it, who knows.

A tube is a tube, you can't really mess that up, but you CAN mess up a filter.

Remove your intake after about two weeks. Run your finger along the inside of it near the filter and the throttle body. Then look at your finger.. You'll find little bits of dust, and sharp little bits of sand. Now, as the world shrinks around you, think about those small bits of sand. Entering your intake. Then being smashed between your valve faces and head.. leaving little tiny dings in them. Then falling into the combustion chamber where they work their way down between the piston rings and cylinder walls.. wearing little tiny grooves in both. Realize in horror that you have probably lost a tiny bit of compression already and added thousands of miles worth of wear to your motor. Then snap back into the world, go get youreself a K&N filter, install it, and pat yourself on the back.

Back