Generic VTEC controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
hey have any of you see this or have ever heard of this before??

click here: Generic VTEC controller

does this work?? and if so then how does this work. will this overrde the ecu setting of VTEC??

looks like crap to me, but thats my opinion. honestly not sure how it would work, i'm guessing it plugs into the ecu and the existing plugs in behind it.

well ive never seen it before but i figured that if it did work then it would be pretty coool....speaking of vtec controllers, lets say i get somethig that will allow me to controll my VTEC, why would i NOT want to set my VTEC point at a low rpm range like 4000 or 4200? i know that its not good but i dont kno why?

more agressive cam profiles (like the VTEC lobes) make their power at high RPMS... at low RPMS they tend to bog out and give rather sluggish performance

basicly engaging VTEC too early will cause a large dip in your mid range power
engaging it too late will cause you to over run the effective range of the low lobes the power curve will flatten out and then when you do finaly switch lobes you will get a sudden surge of power, it will feel impressive, but once again you are losing out on your mid range power

setting the VTEC crossover is really something that should be done on a dyno, not something you want to fuck with on a regualr basis
go get tuned and leave it that way untill you have a reason to go get tuned again (more mods)

another thing i would be very concerned with regarding that unit is, what does it do to deal with the different fuel and timing maps required for the different cam profiles????

some one with a nonvtec ecu runing a minnie me or ls/cr vtec will be able to engage the vtec with out the use of a vtec ecu using this product....... get a vafc if you need one...first take you car to a dyno and then se what you need if you only have a I/H/E then you probably wont need this....you would get better results from a vtec controller

Back