1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generic VTEC controller

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by TeamUrbanChaos, Jan 24, 2005.

1. TeamUrbanChaos

TeamUrbanChaos Certified H22 Super-tech

hey have any of you see this or have ever heard of this before??

click here: Generic VTEC controller

does this work?? and if so then how does this work. will this overrde the ecu setting of VTEC??

2. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

looks like crap to me, but thats my opinion. honestly not sure how it would work, i'm guessing it plugs into the ecu and the existing plugs in behind it.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

looks like a good way to blow your engine

4. TeamUrbanChaos

TeamUrbanChaos Certified H22 Super-tech

well ive never seen it before but i figured that if it did work then it would be pretty coool....speaking of vtec controllers, lets say i get somethig that will allow me to controll my VTEC, why would i NOT want to set my VTEC point at a low rpm range like 4000 or 4200? i know that its not good but i dont kno why?

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

more agressive cam profiles (like the VTEC lobes) make their power at high RPMS... at low RPMS they tend to bog out and give rather sluggish performance

basicly engaging VTEC too early will cause a large dip in your mid range power
    engaging it too late will cause you to over run the effective range of the low lobes the power curve will flatten out and then when you do finaly switch lobes you will get a sudden surge of power, it will feel impressive, but once again you are losing out on your mid range power

setting the VTEC crossover is really something that should be done on a dyno, not something you want to fuck with on a regualr basis
    go get tuned and leave it that way untill you have a reason to go get tuned again (more mods)

another thing i would be very concerned with regarding that unit is, what does it do to deal with the different fuel and timing maps required for the different cam profiles????

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

It'll work, but it's not going to change your fuel maps any.

7. formby

formby learning in progress

some one with a nonvtec ecu runing a minnie me or ls/cr vtec will be able to engage the vtec with out the use of a vtec ecu using this product....... get a vafc if you need one...first take you car to a dyno and then se what you need if you only have a I/H/E then you probably wont need this....you would get better results from a vtec controller

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted