Genny got a reflash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah they have I would like to see what the new Sonata turbo will do..

sonata turbo is nice. it's not as sporty. i'd put it similar to say an altima ser. still kinda family oriented, but hauls ass too

There isn't a single other car on the market that competes with it at it's price point.

Factor in the flash, and you're at 28k, sticker.

You simply can't buy a car with brembos (biggest sold on any car under 100k at 340mm fronts 4 piston, 300 rears 2 piston) , 19's ,rwd, limited slip, leather where you want it, cloth where you don't seats, bluetooth, homelink, usb/ipod, compass, multiple power outlets, upgraded infiniti sound system with amp/subwoofer (its awesome, really), proximity keyless system for doors and ignition (just keep it in your pocket), sport suspension (it's pretty stiff), some tests have it pulling .94g on skidpads, capable of 30mpg highway, 10 yr 100k warranty, 275hp/340 ft/lbs (take wheel power after flash, up to bhp for sticker purposes and its about those numbers give or take)
The only thing that comes close is the S4. and it's double the price at over 50 grand, and awd, and has crappier brakes. lol
I know youre going to bitch, but, enter the Camaro SS.
The SS front brake package includes Brembo 355 mm x 32 mm vented rotors with four-piston aluminum calipers. Semi-metallic brake linings are used at all four corners on FE3 models for superior fade resistance and pedal feel. The rear brakes are vented Brembos measuring 365 mm x 28 mm, with aluminum four-piston calipers.
Chevrolet Camaro SS (2010) with pictures and wallpapers

Yea it starts at 30k, but includes most if not all of your cars features, but youre getting near the top of the Camaro line, not the base of the Genesis Coupe line. Also an extra 150hp. If you were to upgrade a 304hp/29mpg base model starting at $22k, you'd blow its price point out of the water! Im not saying you should have gotten it, its about what the consumer wants of course, Im just arguing that it comes with bigger brakes (for far less than the 100k mark you put forth. haha,) more power, the same warranty, and a far higher performance rating.

I mean, Car and Driver didnt call the base level V6 version a better car than even the Genesis Coupe 3.8 for no reason.

Last edited:
Car and Driver called the camaro a better car, because, its a camaro.

hands down the genesis is obviously better :lol: stupid american junk cars.

I've been a C/D subscriber for a long time, and I have to say they are pretty good at calling it like they see it. A great number of letters to the editor are complaints about a bias AGAINST American manufacturers.

The only thing I recall about the Camaro is that they said it is a pretty good bang for the buck, and I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Good deal on the Genny though B.

GM is an all around terrible car company...the exception is the G8

Anyone catch the pics of the FT86 II at Geneva?
The thing is non-turbo which kills the deal for me, but it looks pretty badass

The genesis is a fantastic car, I would've bought one when they came out if the dealer hadn't added $2500 to the sticker as a "market value markup"...I honestly told the saleman to fuck himself

Every time I see a Genesis coupe on the road I want one. I love this car so much. When I graduate college and get a decent job I am so buying one.

I test drove a camaro (v8, not ss) You can't see a damn thing out of it. It handles like an ark.

Seriously, it's a buick roadmaster with a body kit. Shit car. Buy it if you want to do burnout comps. For anything else, it's a paper weight.

And who the hell makes a car with larger rear brakes? honestly?
And at the time i bought the car, the SS model camaro didn't exist, which is why i wasn't aware of it running bigger brakes..... frankly, i just don't care.

They're built on the exact same platform. :confused:

...BUT, the (Zeta) platform was developed by Holden in Australia where the G8 is built/assembled

the Camaro uses the same platform, but is built in Canada...similar to how the Galant VR4 (awesome....and built in Japan) shares its platform with the 1st gen Eclipse GSX/Talon TSi/Laser RS (DSM's built in North America...not so awesome)

-honestly, I just hate everything Chevrolet....the only GM produced vehicles I would ever consider are the G8 GXP, 86-88 Fiero GT, and the 79 Trans AM (bandit edition of course)

Genesis is still on my short list of cars to look at in the future. But still sitting high atop that list is a 5.0 Mustang GT.

Agreed about the Camaro. I don't understand why everyone is all over GM's nuts about it. I sat in one at an auto show a few months back and the fit/finish, scale and visibility is horrible. The car does not have the right proportions and the only people I see driving them are baby-boomers or men with a mid-life crisis.

i would rather have a challenger over a camaro.

if i was to walk out and buy a car today

E92...G37...Challenger..........................Genesis

if i wanted to just buy a car in general. probably an s15 silvia if i could find one registered already. maybe even an R32.

Actually

The Camaro V6 is a really good bargain for the money. I've recommended it quite a few times. It's actually a pretty good drive and value with the six speed manual. TONS of potential for mods later on down the line too.

No one has mentioned the 2011 V6 mustang... 305 hp and hundreds of pounds lighter than the Camaro. With the sport package (summer tires & better gearing) they are as quick as the 05-10 GT. Still has a cheapish interior and solid rear axle.

I'm guessing the bigger brakes had something to do with weight distribution, or maybe just cause they could but bigger ones, or maybe because the fronts are already huge? IDK, I was just rebutting a point you made, I didn't engineer the car. I hate to admit it but I do like the new mustang. But when has a solid rear axle been a plus? That's the kind if thing American car makers have always been given shit about.

2011 V6 Mustang lapped VIR in a Car and Driver test faster than an Evo Ralliart and a 2011 WRX. The GT lapped it faster than a 4.2 R8, STI, and 370Z.

MUSTANG GT 5.0.

Fastest production car under 60k probably. It's at that same price point too.

Faster 1/4mile than an m3 which is twice the sticker price.

Back