genny needs a clutch.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
How many years have I been saying that?

Finally happened. Lol

Found a guy selling a nib kit after he totalled his car before installing it. Got it for 100 less than most stores plus the added $50 Arp bolt kit.

competition clutch Stage 2 with single mass fly wheel kit.

Im getting my 60k service done soon and my tranny is getting serviced too under warranty for a 5th gear grind so ill have them put it then While I have the free rental car :)

20150224_222748.jpg

they won't force you to use an OEM clutch?

yeah... you met him he has an acura tl (or rl?) now

I've had the flash on this while time. i'm running the 91 octane tune instead of the 93 not because of the clutch but because the 93 one pings.... it's too lean. better safe than sorry. The company i got the flash from is basically obsolete now.. there's newer better ones out, but they require sending in the ecu to get socket-ed and with no more truck i can't do the week downtime while its in the mail and back.

There's always the haltec but thats 2 grand lol

its plenty fast in this format and with the clutch it will be more fun again and last me a few more years i guess.

I've had the flash on this while time. i'm running the 91 octane tune instead of the 93 not because of the clutch but because the 93 one pings.... it's too lean. better safe than sorry. The company i got the flash from is basically obsolete now.. there's newer better ones out, but they require sending in the ecu to get socket-ed and with no more truck i can't do the week downtime while its in the mail and back.

whos your flash? not running BTR?

I brought the car to get serviced last week. Rocked a '15 sonata sport for a couple days with the 2.4. nice car, horrible seats (too wide, no side bolsters) and it has the most annoying blinker tone in the world (seriously, i stopped using my blinker that's how annoyed i got with it!). final complaint is that the top of my shoe hits the underside of the dash when transitioning from gas to brake. I'm only a size 12, and that's with dress shoes. a 10 in a pair of work boots would have the same problems. Frankly, it's a safety issue. There were a few times where i was physically stopped from moving my foot to the brake cuz it got wedged. fix those 3 things, and i'd buy one. I think it might even be faster than the geneisis. lol has a LOT of torque at 2400 rpm.

anyway, to the genesis...
so, I got my tranny replaced under warranty. I thought they would patch it up or try some fluids a few rounds to make corporate happy, but nope, brand new tranny installed at 61k no questions asked. my buddy justin (svc writer) said the tech immediately agreed it was grinding and needed out.

my CC stg2 clutch is in. This thing breaks necks. It's ridiculous. very hard to drive in stop and go. no slippage at all. It is VERY noisy. Hoping a lot of that goes away with the break in period. (states 500 miles of chatter is normal). I'm glad I didn't go with the stage 3. This thing feels like the stage 4 i had in my honda.
Since the clutch was exposed from the warranty of replacing the tranny, and customer supplied parts, *hint hint*

met the tech who did the work. cool kid with a monster 1.9 hatch. obnoxiously large turbo, scatter shield, the whole 9. he put 8-something horse out and goes mid 10s letting off cuz his cage isn't certified for 9.99. Looks like a drag day is already being planned.... will go hang out and shoot some video and represent the 'swap

I gave him some HS stickers to slap on the car :D

That is freaking awesome that it worked out like that. My father in laws auto tranny in his Sonota was replaced for vibration before the warranty was up. My tranny in my truck is difficult to shift at times and it grinds. Chevy pretty much told me to fuck off, the service writer at the dealership said his daughter's Hummer had the same issue and they would not do anything for her either.
I was impressed with my mothers 2012 or 2013 Sonota the one time I drove it. Very peppy and handled well, but I don;t like their styling. Their customer service seems great, if they made a pickup I would consider Hyundai.

That's pretty awesome they threw a new transmission in for you Brian. About damn time though lol.

the dealerships are really hit or miss. if i had trouble at my local (i dont) there are 3 more within 50 miles. they really do feel its easier to replace than to fix since the replacement parts are usually better than the original. i would have opted for something a little better than stock at your power levels not some crazy one.

when mine goes it will get a stock disc but a quaife differential too. hoping to get 60k...

That's what this stg 2 is... 130% over stock. there is no 'stage 1'.

Back