genny needs brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

service manual never tells me to flush the brake/tranny/diff fluid on ANY interval. they only list inspection on 30k intervals.

however i prefer to flush them out.

I have a 100k warranty, you don't. I change it when they tell me to. I think most of that goes wit the 60k service.

i don't see anything for your genesis but hyundai lists the VT at 60K replacement intervals and inspection at 15K.

hey only list inspection on 30k intervals.

i'm not sure where you are looking but subaru lists brake fluid REPLACEMENT every 30K miles on your WRX.

~137K for engine coolant flush

nothing on trans/diffs they don't last long enough anyways.

i'm not sure where you are looking but subaru lists brake fluid REPLACEMENT every 30K miles on your WRX.

~137K for engine coolant flush

nothing on trans/diffs they don't last long enough anyways.

ah, you're right. brake fluid does say to replace every 30k.
my engine coolant says to replace every 30k too, not sure where you got 137k from, the entire service schedule only goes out to 120k.
and like i said, no interval for trans/diff fluid, only inspection, forever lol.
timing belt/water pump @ 105k

regardless, everything gets replaced on MY car every 30k with good fluids, not the cheapest shit from autozone.
Motul RBF600 brake
Motul 75w-90 in trans and diff
regular Prestone coolant + 1bottle of Motul MoCool (its like water wetter)
i rolled the 105k service into my engine build since it was around the same time.

my trans hasnt had any issues, unlike a lot of NASIOC/subaru guys, but i suspect they arent replacing the fluid, or arent even checking the fluid, and/or being brotards beating the shit out of their cars doing launches and shit. or all three lol.

Just look at the fluid and see how clear it is.

My 919s brakes started to feel like chit, A fluid change made the bike feel like it went from civic dx brakes to subaru sti brakes.

Fluid changes rarely happen, odd because it's so easy to do.

Miles has nothing to do with brake fluid, it's time. A car with 2000 miles on it that is 5 years old might have black brake fluid.

i got it from the local tri-state subaru dealer.

A lot of dealers don't know what they are talking about or just talk out of their ass. I once had one guy at my dealer tell me that a "master tech" who "helped write the service manual" says that the timing belt replacement is 80k for "turbo cars". All while trying to sell me the timing belt service -_- . I told him he was wrong and to look it up. He apologized to me after looking it up lol.

...same rules apply lol.

Unless you looked at the wrong car. Then it's your fault lol.

I don't care what they say. It's a hatch.

If the quarter glass is small, hatch
If the quarter glass is large, wagon.

After visiting the link, I believe my car fails rule 2.

According to that link, a 4th/5th gen civic 3dr hatch is actually a "wagon". And that's just absurd.

Last edited:
Back