Get a cross and nails for me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Dec 21 2004, 02:08 PM
Better question... how can I trust IE?
[post=435396]Quoted post[/post]​

err, ,good one... uh..

security and user crap aside,

IE6 is old. very old. Feb 2001 old.
do you even have a computer that old?

SO much has changed in technology in the past 4 years. it's simply out dated, doesn't support standards, does't read code properly, and is well, old.
firefox 1.0 is a couple months old at best. supports standards, and is well, young. All young software will have problems.
Hell, can ANY of you remember an IE browser before 4.0?
i doubt you can.
it took them 4 full versions before it was even USED. Firefox, people were using to browse with at .6 and we're up to 1.0 now.

hondaswap is a perfect example.

IE can't add.

on the home page, the middle column appears to be a little bit more down than the left two columns.

in firefox, all 3 columns are perfectly across.

IE can't add. its that simple. its 125 pixels from top down.
it can do it on the sides, but not in the middle. It doesn't even make fucking sense.

This jackass is talking about stability and security and he is emulating windown on his mac using fucking Virtual PC. What a jackass, for those of you who do not know Virtual PC is a windows emulation program for the Mac, and it is slow buggy, it used to be somewhat decent when the Connectix company made it. Then Micro$haft bought them out, and it has become a even bigger piece of shit. Anyone who bothers to emulate windows on a mac is a moron. Just fucking buy a 400 dollar PC it will save you the hastle and run what ever you need to run in Virtual PC.

He neglected to mention some of the newer viruses that can execute themselves simply by visiting a webpage... there isn't even a prompt when it happens. Thats the kind of shit you want a good browser for. Most any idiot can figure out if he wants to install something from a prompt or not.

you can use firefox with out deleting IE dude.

i keep both browsers around for testing, but firefox is my primary browser.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 21 2004, 11:12 PM
you can use firefox with out deleting IE dude.

i keep both browsers around for testing, but firefox is my primary browser.
[post=435670]Quoted post[/post]​

werd me too.. also same thing i did for my parents PC i just built for them

Back