Get your Beee series while it last

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The b-series is dying. Too many bone heads getting them. Chroming them out and putting them on show cars. Therefor becoming rather useless. Too bad I sell it to them :p I remember we use to get 20 B series at a time. Now we get 3-5 if we are lucky. It use to sell for a 1000 flat complete. Now B series price have been hiked up to 1500-1700 on the avg. I am talking about the first gen cable. The long blocks use to go for 450 now they go for 600-750.00. This is a rare dying breed. There is an article about it on Honda Tuner. What can you do? Alternative? Do H series swaps or LS swaps. B16a is by the most popular swap. The demand is high but the supply now in days is low. So get your B series from where ever you can before it dies out. Lately sales have dropped on the B series. People dont understand supply and demand. Now I see mostly SR20 going and 4G63T. Its more popular I guess to go w/ the stock boosted motors. Other possibility are doing LS/VTEC swaps.

When people stop worrying about it being JDM, and figure out that they can get them from every other country in the world and some Rovers, then the supply will go back up.

Supply isnt that high in other countries. See these engines get sent out from Japan to other parts of Asia. Supply is low in singapore and Malaysia. In Austrlia there isnt even a demand for vtec. They dont bring vtec into many other countries.

What I meant was, that the motors were already availible in most other countries since 89. Over here in Europe, there is a guy with a bunch of B16A1's, he can't get rid of them.

You have to buy all the parts brand new. Some company are coming out with aluminum dicast models of B series blocks.

Originally posted by JDMPowersales@Aug 22 2003, 02:07 PM
You have to buy all the parts brand new. Some company are coming out with aluminum dicast models of B series blocks.

but at around 5g+ I'd rather blow up a few honda blocks on the street....sweet for racers tho...I've seen the dart,they even buff out all the stress risers and junk

good thing dart is making the all time favorite B-series motor now... Replicas are under production and have started to be sold... that includes heads also... engines are also stronger... you can't get better than a DART!!! :spin: :blink: :D

Originally posted by h82w8@Aug 22 2003, 03:52 PM
really? I heard the dart blocks are cheaper made aftermarket b-series blocks.

they might make a lower quality/price one but I doubt it.the last time I priced a performance dart b18 w/head they wanted 4699 and thats through my buddy's hi-performance chevy shop who deals w/dart all the time for heads.............he was amazed,the v8's are cheaper,guess they paid for that research years ago ;)

Originally posted by deth101+Aug 22 2003, 02:05 PM-->
@Aug 22 2003, 03:52 PM

they might make a lower quality/price one but I doubt it.the last time I priced a performance dart b18 w/head they wanted 4699 and thats through my buddy's hi-performance chevy shop who deals w/dart all the time for heads.............he was amazed,the v8's are cheaper,guess they paid for that research years ago ;)

V8's are cheaper, consider, buying a 383 kit, I can get them for about 800-1000 and you are making about 400 ponies off of it.

Doing import parts, since the market is new and strong (well still within 10 years new) the parts are going to sell more expensive...

Why more expensive? They have people like us spending a lot of money on 4 cylinders, so why not hike the price?

Originally posted by One Stop Customs+Aug 22 2003, 04:12 PM-->
Originally posted by deth101@Aug 22 2003, 02:05 PM
h82w8
@Aug 22 2003, 03:52 PM

V8's are cheaper, consider, buying a 383 kit, I can get them for about 800-1000 and you are making about 400 ponies off of it.

Doing import parts, since the market is new and strong (well still within 10 years new) the parts are going to sell more expensive...

Why more expensive? They have people like us spending a lot of money on 4 cylinders, so why not hike the price?

research is most of it,but what the market bears is a good point

Back