GETTING A 88-91 CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys. Im looking for 88-91 crx or civic hatch. Whats the best motor to swap. Im thinking b18c1 or b18b1. Im not too familiar with crx since i own a turbo gsr. Just want to get a daily driver. What do you swap gurus think would swap in crx with less wiring hassles.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys. Im looking for 88-91 crx or civic hatch. Whats the best motor to swap. Im thinking b18c1 or b18b1. Im not too familiar with crx since i own a turbo gsr. Just want to get a daily driver. What do you swap gurus think would swap in crx with less wiring hassles.

Whats a zc engine. Where do i get it ? Im not too familiar.

ZC is one of the easier swaps but you probably will be happiest with a B-series. B18A/B are fairly easy to install with a cable tranny. Then you have the 1st Gen b16s which over in Japan some models came stock with the CRX. A little wiring involved but not too bad. It all depends on the OBD of the engine, whether your going with a cable or hydraulic tranny & so on to be a fairly easy swap to a complicated swap. Either way, B-series > ZC/D-series. Have fun & do some research.

i personally went with the ls engine for my crx because it has more potential than the zc engine a bit harder but you will be satisfied. and like any b series the world is the limit.

and if you want extreme out the box power get a jdm type r k series. that and you will be happy.

Back