Getting a gamer comp FINALLY!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
if you really dont want to build your own, a website called monarchcomputers will eliminate the hard parts. they put the cpu, ram, and motherboard together and update the bios to the current official ones for you. they also include half life 2 and some other stuff. i got my system there.

all you have to do then is get a harddrive, case, video card, and powersupply. slap the thing together, probably 1/2 to an hour since its ur first and then just install windows xp. the whole process will probably take 3-5 days to order, ship, and recieve. than about half a day to install the OS and whatever you want and do updates to your antivirus and windows xp.

really i think thats the way to go. you gain knowledge, better product, and experience. 600-700 bucks without monitor will really put you into a decent system that will be future proof for a while except DDR2. but that doesnt matter because they run higher speeds with higher lacentcies.
there site is confusing...and I know shit about acroynms and shit on computers...I know SOME..but it would be much easier to buy that AMD...

I just want to buy that AMD lol...no shipping I can pick it up and it will work with my WoW. Like I said im not a hardcore gamer I just want something that will last me...I surf the web and play some games..thats about it...I mean shit...this dell was keeping me occupied on almost all of my games for a while...WoW is just to extensive for it...after I install this 1GB RAM into this dell ill see if that helps my WoW if so I am just buying that AMD

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...ons_continue.do

Out of all of the computers i have owned minus the computer i have now that i built, hp lasted the longest without problems.

$850
is a pretty decent price for this built with a warranty, i wouldnt recommend it if you could build your own machine but otherwise they have decent machines.

Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Processor AMD Athlon™ 64 3400+ (2.2GHz / 512KB L2 cache)
Memory FREE UPGRADE from 512MB to 1024MB 400MHz (2x512)
Hard Drive 160GB 7200 rpm SATA Hard Drive
Primary CD/DVD Drive 48x max. CD-Writer Drive (48x32x48x)
Front Productivity Ports Front USB, FireWire IEEE 1394 and audio ports
Modem None
TV & Entertainment Experience None
Graphics Card 256MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce 6600, TV-Out and DVI
Sound Card Integrated 5.1 Capable Sound w/ front audio ports
Keyboard and Mouse HP Multimedia Keyboard, HP Optical Mouse
Productivity Software Microsoft® Works 8.0/Money

Quoted post[/post]]
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...ons_continue.do

Out of all of the computers i have owned minus the computer i have now that i built, hp lasted the longest without problems.

$850
is a pretty decent price for this built with a warranty, i wouldnt recommend it if you could build your own machine but otherwise they have decent machines.

Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Processor AMD Athlon™ 64 3400+ (2.2GHz / 512KB L2 cache)
Memory FREE UPGRADE from 512MB to 1024MB 400MHz (2x512)
Hard Drive 160GB 7200 rpm SATA Hard Drive
Primary CD/DVD Drive 48x max. CD-Writer Drive (48x32x48x)
Front Productivity Ports Front USB, FireWire IEEE 1394 and audio ports
Modem None
TV & Entertainment Experience None
Graphics Card 256MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce 6600, TV-Out and DVI
Sound Card Integrated 5.1 Capable Sound w/ front audio ports
Keyboard and Mouse HP Multimedia Keyboard, HP Optical Mouse
Productivity Software Microsoft® Works 8.0/Money
that link just takes me to the HP site..for everything I want its like 1150..where did you get 850?
Thats basically what that other computer is...

youll understand what i mean if you have a newer digicam, external hdd or cdrw, or even some joysticks. other stuff included :)

Quoted post[/post]]
youll understand what i mean if you have a newer digicam, external hdd or cdrw, or even some joysticks. other stuff included :)
I don't have any of that...plus I can buy Windowns XP home edition for 100. If I really do need a "legit" copy. Even though the one I was gonna get is legit...we used it on my old desktop and I was able to use my usb ports with anything. I was even able to use it with my PSP.

just because i havent had problems doesnt mean he's bullshitting.

if its the matter of getting updates from windows, thats easy. but besides that, i dont see the difference between a legit version and a "corp" version.

yes that does look like the setup you would have been getting but does it come with the same warranty?

hes saying that if you have a hacked version like it sounded like you were getting from a friend you would have problems using usb2 from lack of updates i guess. windows xp home is like 75 bucks at newegg anyway.

its not in the updates, its in the verification.

no its not a hacked up version he works at a computer networking place...Its called Hi-Tech (its local I think) and the warrenty that im getting with the other system is a 1 year or I can upgrade all the way to a 5 year.

so no one has anymore input before I buy it? Where is a cheap place to buy a new monitor? My dad is taking the one with the dell.

Here's my input: Buy the AMD system.

And Newegg usually has monitors on special. You can pick up a flat panel pretty cheap on dere.

I wish I had the time and skill required to build badass shit like that.

Back