Getting a new copy of a game(Xbox 360)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

So lately I started having "unable to read disc" errors for MW2, starting a couple months ago. There's really no scratches on the disc and it barely left the console(with that said, could the overheating Xbox cause damage?).

Anyways, does anyone know if it's possible to get another copy or something without having to buy the game again or illegal means?

There was an article I read the other day that mentioned something about some xbox's having problems reading disks because of one of the more recent updates. Ill do some looking.

yeah, microsoft switched to a new disc format and some machines cant play certain disks, i think if this happens microsoft will replace your xbox

Well this was a repaired regular unit(got it back like 3 months ago) and an original MW2 disc I bought around the time it had just came out. The disc doesn't have a uniform reflection(looks like its distorted), and I honestly made it worse by trying to "clean" it.

Anyways, I guess I'll be contacting MS about this. I haven't received any emails either.

Do other games play fine?

And yes it is possible that if you rarely remove it from the system, the disc could warp from heat exposure. It would take a fairly high temperature though.

Back