getting a new hatch tomorrow.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just dropped my D15B7 out of my hatch, and installed the B18B... can help with parts needed and if you need it... It took me 8 hours to drop the D series and install the B to safe running...

I just dropped my D15B7 out of my hatch, and installed the B18B... can help with parts needed and if you need it... It took me 8 hours to drop the D series and install the B to safe running...

i guess the one main question that i have is will the mounts from the crx b swap work in this swap. or do i need to get new mounts. i pretty much have everything else under control that i know of. but if i have a problem i will def be on here.

I have one after market mount... if u look in pick is the shiny silver one on right side of picture ... :) or timing belt side, rest were stock 94+ integra mounts... You need the Trans mount and the Rear T Bracket... and the drivers side...

List of what I needed was this:
p75 ECU
B series Axles
Motor
94+ integra Mounts
Integra Linkage worked
Integra engine harness
B series Trottle Cable for the EG

Thats all the parts I used and it runs :)

GL

Serrillion, did you have to find another throttle cable or modify the bracket for the throttle cable? I had to do that on my EK, wondering if it is the same scenario for the EG chassis.

Serrillion, did you have to find another throttle cable or modify the bracket for the throttle cable? I had to do that on my EK, wondering if it is the same scenario for the EG chassis.

I had to find another cable as my D series was in the wrong place and a little longer than my B series one. I was able to get one out of a 96 acura integra. I just simply moved my Trottle cable holder on the left shock tower back a little bit more to hold it tight and in place :)

The EF mount near timing belt is different than 92-00 Civics. I'm talking about the cast iron mount that actually Attached to the block.

But my point is mute b/c you are in search of a new swap.

You can get an entire OBD1 B16A swap from a JDM engine importer for around $2000

Last edited:
yea thats probably what im going to do if he trades it. im hoping he dont. i want the swap from him lol.

The EF mount near timing belt is different than 92-00 Civics. I'm talking about the cast iron mount that actually AT&T he's to the block.

But my point is mute b/c you are in search of a new swap.

You can get an entire OBD1 B16A swap from a JDM engine importer for around $2000
While those brackets look a lot like cast iron, I believe them to be forged steel.

When I put the OBD1 (92-95) engine in my OBD0 (1991) EF, I had to use the original front engine bracket from the old engine. Fortunately, it bolted up to the OBD1 engine block. It caught two of the three holes in the block as it's a 2 hole bracket and the OBD1 is a 3 hole bracket.

EDIT: I thought the difference was height. The newer style front bracket would have caused the engine height to be incorrect. I don't remember if it was too high or too low. After reading below post, it may have also positioned the front (LH drivers end) of the engine forward or aft. It was screwed up, and I used the old bracket (engine side) on it.

Last edited:
I thought he mount issue was based on the angle that a B series sits in an EF. Every time i see the bay of a B swapped EF, I always thought it was a weird/different angle in comparison to my EG

I thought he mount issue was based on the angle that a B series sits in an EF. Every time i see the bay of a B swapped EF, I always thought it was a weird/different angle in comparison to my EG

I think you would be right.... looks different to me as well haha, looked at one an hour ago... mite be differences in mounts is about the only part I saw

well engine swap is out for right now. im just swapping the motor with a good one. fixing front end. and brakes. maybe put rims. tax money was not good enough for the swap and bills i have to pay. but will do a thread on the teardown and putting it back together properly. wire tuck is still happening tho.

A good rebuild is always a good thing. Do post progress for sure - makes for some good reading for us bored regulars. And may help a new member here and there along the way...

I drove mine a little over 8 years before doing the JDM engine change - did all the upfront stuff first while paying off deposit on my house. Got the rolling chassis restored; brakes, battery, exhaust, stereo system, struts, strut bars, polyurethane. bushings, brake flex lines, wheel bearings, etc.

Last edited:
I'm just picking up another motor that has just under 100k miles on it. Doing the typical waterpump timing belt and so on. But will post pics.

I'm just picking up another motor that has just under 100k miles on it. Doing the typical waterpump timing belt and so on. But will post pics.
There's always room for you to come up with a revolutionary way to Levitate the rusted frozen Harmonic Balancer off of it without using a pneumatic impact gun......
:lolhammer:

Back